Radeon 9200 and Choppy Video

I have a Radeon 9200SE, driver 6.14.10.6404, hooked to my LCD using DVI.

The native resolution of the LCD is 1280x1024, which is what I run it at. If
I have the color depth set at 32 bit, any video I play, DVD, AVI, Mpg, all
display on the screen very choppy and the display actually cuts out every
few seconds. However, if I set the color to 16 bit, everything plays fine.

I don't know enough about the advanced options, like OpenGL, Direct3D, Open
Gart to know what needs adjusting. Any help would be appreciated.

System, XP Pro, 512 DDR, Biostar M7VIG Pro.

"Art" <yardline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Radeon 9200SE, driver 6.14.10.6404, hooked to my LCD using DVI.
>
> The native resolution of the LCD is 1280x1024, which is what I run it at.
> If I have the color depth set at 32 bit, any video I play, DVD, AVI, Mpg,
> all display on the screen very choppy and the display actually cuts out
> every few seconds. However, if I set the color to 16 bit, everything plays
> fine.
>
> I don't know enough about the advanced options, like OpenGL, Direct3D,
> Open Gart to know what needs adjusting. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> System, XP Pro, 512 DDR, Biostar M7VIG Pro.

When you first installed Windows, did you install the latest motherboard
chipset drivers right away?