update MS Messenger problem ...

Hi folks ... I think I am really stuck here ...

Running XP Pro/Office Pro 2002 and installed Norton Internet Security 2005

On starting Windows I now get a Messenger (I have never used Messenger)
download program update demand which denies computer usability if I deny ...

Symantec as usual give me the auto blab telling me the problem lies with my
computer ...

Short of uninstalling NIS2005 and losing my subscription is there any way I
can disable/delete Messenger ... ???

Thanks in advance ...

See the answer to your post in the windowsupdate newsgroup.

MowGreen [MVP 2004-2005]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Rob Smith wrote:

> Hi folks ... I think I am really stuck here ...
>
> Running XP Pro/Office Pro 2002 and installed Norton Internet Security 2005
>
> On starting Windows I now get a Messenger (I have never used Messenger)
> download program update demand which denies computer usability if I deny ...
>
> Symantec as usual give me the auto blab telling me the problem lies with my
> computer ...
>
> Short of uninstalling NIS2005 and losing my subscription is there any way I
> can disable/delete Messenger ... ???
>
> Thanks in advance ...

Hi Mow ... thanks ... got it ... worked a charm, purring like a kitten ...
thanks again.