How to tell if a X800 is VIVO?

Can someone tell me how to tell if my X800 Pro is VIVO?
(supposedly you can overclock it to XT stats only IF it is
a VIVO)

I read about doing this on a website ... and that site said
to insure you have a VIVO look for a YELLOW connector
on the inside edge of the card. If it is there, then it is a VIVO,
if NOT then your card is NOT a VIVO.

Well, mine doesnt have the yellow connector ... so I assumed
my card isnt a VIVO and thus can't use the XT tweak. However
on close exam of the box it came in (the usual built by ATI box)
it clearly says "R420 PRO 256Mb V/VIVO/D ....." So, does that
mean it is a VIVO?

Just curious

Thanks
12 answers Last reply
More about x800 vivo

    In article <0p2xd.7350$FE.546@fe37.usenetserver.com>,
    mtimerdingNOSPAM@fuse.net says...
    > However
    > on close exam of the box it came in (the usual built by ATI box)
    > it clearly says "R420 PRO 256Mb V/VIVO/D ....." So, does that
    > mean it is a VIVO?

    Perhaps you should have put a little more thought into it before you not
    only paid hundreds for the card but looked like a complete imbicile in
    this forum. If you can't determine that you answered your own question
    how the hell are you going to softmod that thing with nary a synaps
    firing between your ears?

    --

    DeRanger

    Tactical Gamer
    www.tacticalgamer.com
    Your source for tactical online gaming.

    "DeRanger" <deranger-x@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > In article <0p2xd.7350$FE.546@fe37.usenetserver.com>,
    > mtimerdingNOSPAM@fuse.net says...
    >> However
    >> on close exam of the box it came in (the usual built by ATI box)
    >> it clearly says "R420 PRO 256Mb V/VIVO/D ....." So, does that
    >> mean it is a VIVO?
    >>

    > Perhaps you should have put a little more thought into it before you not
    > only paid hundreds for the card but looked like a complete imbicile in
    > this forum. If you can't determine that you answered your own question
    > how the hell are you going to softmod that thing with nary a synaps
    > firing between your ears?
    >
    > --

    To the OP. Did you not buy this card? When you bought the card what did you
    think you where buying? If you paid for a VIVO card and instead got a
    regular card, why are you asking us what the card is? Why aren't you taking
    the card back to get what you paid for? Do you know what VIVO stands for?
    I'll help you out. It stand for Video in -Video out. So your card has to
    have a line in as well as a line out. JLC

    "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "DeRanger" <deranger-x@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > In article <0p2xd.7350$FE.546@fe37.usenetserver.com>,
    > > mtimerdingNOSPAM@fuse.net says...
    > >> However
    > >> on close exam of the box it came in (the usual built by ATI box)
    > >> it clearly says "R420 PRO 256Mb V/VIVO/D ....." So, does that
    > >> mean it is a VIVO?
    > >>

    > > Perhaps you should have put a little more thought into it before you not
    > > only paid hundreds for the card but looked like a complete imbicile in
    > > this forum. If you can't determine that you answered your own question
    > > how the hell are you going to softmod that thing with nary a synaps
    > > firing between your ears?
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > To the OP. Did you not buy this card? When you bought the card what did
    you
    > think you where buying? If you paid for a VIVO card and instead got a
    > regular card, why are you asking us what the card is? Why aren't you
    taking
    > the card back to get what you paid for? Do you know what VIVO stands for?
    > I'll help you out. It stand for Video in -Video out. So your card has to
    > have a line in as well as a line out. JLC

    Damn you guys are harsh. He had two different answers and came here for
    help. It must be nice to be so superior.

    I agree Agent777 - If you can't/won't help why berate?

    --
    Tally Ho!
    Ed Forsythe

    "Ed Forsythe" <EdForsythe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I agree Agent777 - If you can't/won't help why berate?
    >
    > --

    I did answer his question. Did even read the OP? It really didn't make much
    since so I tried to explain to him what a VIVO card was because it sure
    seemed to me he didn't have a clue. JLC

    On 18-Dec-2004, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:

    > Do you know what VIVO stands for?

    Yes, I know exactly what VIVO stands for ..... and no, this card
    does not have a VIDEO in ......so, the question really is "What does
    ATI mean by putting VIVO on the box?"

    And no, I dont really care if it is VIVO or not, I was just curious
    because of the apparent "two different explanations" I was given.

    Maybe I will just trash this x800, the 9700 pro, and the 9800 pro
    that I have laying around gathering dust (yes, I know I have more/
    spend more money on stuff I have no idea what I am getting, but what
    the hell, gotta do something with my money)

    Maybe I will just go back to using NVIDIA cards ... as it is obvious,
    that tho ATI makes decent cards, their support isn't very good, and
    apparently the average ATI user are jerks .......

    Well said m8.

    --
    Andi.

    Remove only one zero to reply

    "Mark Timerding" <mtimerdingNOSPAM@fuse.net> wrote in message

    > On 18-Dec-2004, "JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Do you know what VIVO stands for?
    >
    > Yes, I know exactly what VIVO stands for ..... and no, this card
    > does not have a VIDEO in ......so, the question really is "What does
    > ATI mean by putting VIVO on the box?"
    >
    > And no, I dont really care if it is VIVO or not, I was just curious
    > because of the apparent "two different explanations" I was given.
    >
    > Maybe I will just trash this x800, the 9700 pro, and the 9800 pro
    > that I have laying around gathering dust (yes, I know I have more/
    > spend more money on stuff I have no idea what I am getting, but what
    > the hell, gotta do something with my money)
    >
    > Maybe I will just go back to using NVIDIA cards ... as it is obvious,
    > that tho ATI makes decent cards, their support isn't very good, and
    > apparently the average ATI user are jerks .......

    The Pro->XT softmod can be done regardless of whether the card is VIVO or
    not. VIVO cards just have a [much] greater chance of success.

    In article <X7idnf9ZprfyaVncRVn-1Q@comcast.com>, "Agent777" <Agent777@n0-n0-na.net> wrote:

    >"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "DeRanger" <deranger-x@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >> > In article <0p2xd.7350$FE.546@fe37.usenetserver.com>,
    >> > mtimerdingNOSPAM@fuse.net says...
    >> >>

    >> > Perhaps you should have put a little more thought into it before you not
    >> > only paid hundreds for the card but looked like a complete imbicile in
    >> > this forum. If you can't determine that you answered your own question
    >> > how the hell are you going to softmod that thing with nary a synaps
    >> > firing between your ears?
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> >
    >> To the OP. Did you not buy this card? When you bought the card what did
    >you
    >> think you where buying? If you paid for a VIVO card and instead got a
    >> regular card, why are you asking us what the card is? Why aren't you
    >taking
    >> the card back to get what you paid for? Do you know what VIVO stands for?
    >> I'll help you out. It stand for Video in -Video out. So your card has to
    >> have a line in as well as a line out. JLC
    >>

    >Damn you guys are harsh. He had two different answers and came here for
    >help. It must be nice to be so superior.

    Even though i agree the responses were harsh, they are correct.

    If the OP has no clue what a composite video input or output jack looks
    like (RCA jack, or cinch jack as they are called) and then to go and buy a
    video card having no clue as to what a VIVO card is meant for, or its uses, or
    if he even needed a VIVO capable card is beyond logic.

    "GMAN" <glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com> wrote in message
    > > If the OP has no clue what a composite video input or output jack
    > > looks
    > like (RCA jack, or cinch jack as they are called) and then to go and buy a
    > video card having no clue as to what a VIVO card is meant for, or its
    > uses, or
    > if he even needed a VIVO capable card is beyond logic.

    Now the OP says he's going to go back to using Nvidia cards because we're
    jerks on this group. I thought I smelled a Troll from the first post, but
    now it's confirmed. JLC

    In article <7hlxd.287905$R05.232583@attbi_s53>, j.jc@nospam.com says...

    > "GMAN" <glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com> wrote in message
    > > > If the OP has no clue what a composite video input or output jack
    > > > looks
    > > like (RCA jack, or cinch jack as they are called) and then to go and buy a
    > > video card having no clue as to what a VIVO card is meant for, or its
    > > uses, or
    > > if he even needed a VIVO capable card is beyond logic.
    >
    > Now the OP says he's going to go back to using Nvidia cards because we're
    > jerks on this group. I thought I smelled a Troll from the first post, but
    > now it's confirmed. JLC

    LOL, whatever... back to discussions about this great hardware and the
    marvelous things it does.

    --

    On 19-Dec-2004, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > The Pro->XT softmod can be done regardless of whether the card is VIVO or
    > not. VIVO cards just have a [much] greater chance of success.

    Thank you for that information .... Like I had said, I was just curious on
    how to
    tell, seeing as the box from ATI and what I read on the web seemed to
    dispute
    each other. I dont need a VIVO, in fact, that isnt what I ordered so I
    couldn't
    care less if that is what I received or not. (as long as what happened to
    that
    other poster a couple weeks ago who received just a box of batteries didn't
    happen to me) ....and judging by the 3dmark scores
    I see everyone posting on here, with the factory defaults I seem to have
    most
    of them beat and as I am not an avid gamer (except for UT2004 which is the
    only game on my system) I dont think I need the XT level of performance.

    (still am kinda curious why ATI puts V/VIVO/D on the box tho)

    Thanks again

Radeon Overclocking ATI Graphics