Cat 4.12 - Which Version to Use?

I want to upgrade my ATI drivers for my Radeon 9700Pro to Cat 4.12 (from
4.7). The ATI site has two versions -- one with "Control Center"
(28mb), and one with "ATI Control Panel" (22mb).

Can someone explain the difference between the two and give me a
recommendation on which to use? I'm running WinXPPro, if it matters.

Thanks!

geoff

BRH wrote:
> I want to upgrade my ATI drivers for my Radeon 9700Pro to Cat 4.12
> (from 4.7). The ATI site has two versions -- one with "Control Center"
> (28mb), and one with "ATI Control Panel" (22mb).
>
> Can someone explain the difference between the two and give me a
> recommendation on which to use? I'm running WinXPPro, if it matters.
>
> Thanks!

you want the 22 meg one, the 28 meg is supposed to be errr not so good
others will know more, can't say i'v tryed it myself, the smaller 22 meg has
all the stuff i want

In article <seWdnZunMsV3GFrcRVn-hg@comcast.com>, BRH <BRH> says...
> I want to upgrade my ATI drivers for my Radeon 9700Pro to Cat 4.12 (from
> 4.7). The ATI site has two versions -- one with "Control Center"
> (28mb), and one with "ATI Control Panel" (22mb).
>
> Can someone explain the difference between the two and give me a
> recommendation on which to use? I'm running WinXPPro, if it matters.
>
> Thanks!

Do not install the CCC if you know what's good for you, all you need is
the control panel. When I last had Catalysts installed (I use Omegas)
the CCC caused my system (a64/x800/1 gig ddr400/220 gig SATA, etc.) to
take literally 4-5x longer to boot completely. It is bloatware.
--

DeRanger

Tactical Gamer
www.tacticalgamer.com
Your source for tactical online gaming.

"DeRanger" <deranger-x@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> In article <seWdnZunMsV3GFrcRVn-hg@comcast.com>, BRH <BRH> says...
>> I want to upgrade my ATI drivers for my Radeon 9700Pro to Cat 4.12 (from
>> 4.7). The ATI site has two versions -- one with "Control Center"
>> (28mb), and one with "ATI Control Panel" (22mb).
>>
>> Can someone explain the difference between the two and give me a
>> recommendation on which to use? I'm running WinXPPro, if it matters.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Do not install the CCC if you know what's good for you, all you need is
> the control panel. When I last had Catalysts installed (I use Omegas)
> the CCC caused my system (a64/x800/1 gig ddr400/220 gig SATA, etc.) to
> take literally 4-5x longer to boot completely. It is bloatware.
> --
>
> DeRanger
>
> Tactical Gamer
> www.tacticalgamer.com
> Your source for tactical online gaming.

Totally agree - CCC is pants. I can't understand while ATI are still pushing
it when it is clearly a load of cak.

Glenn

"Glennbo" <glenns.spambox@tesco.net> wrote in message

> Totally agree - CCC is pants. I can't understand while ATI are still
> pushing it when it is clearly a load of cak.

I also agree. If you go to ATI's website and read the known issues section
with the new CCC, you'll see that there are still a bunch of issues with it.
If I was ATI, I wouldn't have released it at all just yet. It's an
embarrassment.

"NightSky 421" <nightsky421@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> "Glennbo" <glenns.spambox@tesco.net> wrote in message
>>

>> Totally agree - CCC is pants. I can't understand while ATI are still
>> pushing it when it is clearly a load of cak.
>>

> I also agree. If you go to ATI's website and read the known issues
> section with the new CCC, you'll see that there are still a bunch of
> issues with it. If I was ATI, I wouldn't have released it at all just yet.
> It's an embarrassment.

LOL, most if not all software companies these days issue buggy stuff all the
time, as patching takes away the need for thorough testing etc.

Andrew Chew wrote:
> "NightSky 421" <nightsky421@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>
>>"Glennbo" <glenns.spambox@tesco.net> wrote in message
>>

>>>Totally agree - CCC is pants. I can't understand while ATI are still
>>>pushing it when it is clearly a load of cak.
>>>

>>I also agree. If you go to ATI's website and read the known issues
>>section with the new CCC, you'll see that there are still a bunch of
>>issues with it. If I was ATI, I wouldn't have released it at all just yet.
>>It's an embarrassment.
>>

> LOL, most if not all software companies these days issue buggy stuff all the
> time, as patching takes away the need for thorough testing etc.

Thanks for all the responses, guys. That's prettty much what I thought.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:26:15 -0500, BRH <BRH> wrote:

>Andrew Chew wrote:
>> "NightSky 421" <nightsky421@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Glennbo" <glenns.spambox@tesco.net> wrote in message

>>>I also agree. If you go to ATI's website and read the known issues
>>>section with the new CCC, you'll see that there are still a bunch of
>>>issues with it. If I was ATI, I wouldn't have released it at all just yet.
>>>It's an embarrassment.
>>>

>> LOL, most if not all software companies these days issue buggy stuff all the
>> time, as patching takes away the need for thorough testing etc.
>>

>Thanks for all the responses, guys. That's prettty much what I thought.

Garbage....CCC wouldn't even boot up for me.

Remove 24 to reply.