-Steven-

From: "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com>

| I was wondering if there is a way to update McAfee without being a part of
| the administrators group. More specifically I would like it if a regular
| "user" of the box could update it. Thanks in advance for replies.
|
| -Steven-

McAfee what ?

You have to be more specific as to what product and version.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

I have McAfee SecuryCenter. I only installed the anti-virus. In the about
page of the anti-virus it says "Version: 8.0" "Build: 8.0.41." I hope that
clears it up, David.

-Steven-

From: "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com>

| I have McAfee SecuryCenter. I only installed the anti-virus. In the about
| page of the anti-virus it says "Version: 8.0" "Build: 8.0.41." I hope that
| clears it up, David.
|
| -Steven-

McAfee retail VirusScan uses the MS Tasker to schedule update tasks. You may be able to
assign an account and password that has administrative rights to the process. However, I
think the job continuously gets overwritten by the software and it may not stick. There is
also the possibility you can assign an account and password that has administrative rights
to the McAfee NT Services.

I suggest asking for more information in the McAfee forums...

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/index.php