Moving Steam

Hi All-
I moved steam to another drive to make more free space on the first
one. I've updated all the relevant registry keys (the ones in
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG/Software/Valve/Steam), but when I try to run HL2
from steam at the new location it think it isn't installed and wants to
redownload it. How do I fix this? Many thanks.

-Robin K.
3 answers Last reply
More about moving steam

    Deleted ClientRegistry.blob

    There are registry entries that you can't fathom, reinstall....

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:32:30 GMT, Robin Kalamazoo
    <robin@kauffmanfamily.org> wrote:

    >Hi All-
    > I moved steam to another drive to make more free space on the first
    >one. I've updated all the relevant registry keys (the ones in
    >HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG/Software/Valve/Steam), but when I try to run HL2
    >from steam at the new location it think it isn't installed and wants to
    >redownload it. How do I fix this? Many thanks.
    >

    > -Robin K.

    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
    the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
    and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
    sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
    the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
    thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

    I didn't compose this but I love it!!!

    Cool!!! Thanks!!!

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:46:34 GMT, Robin Kauffman
    <robin@kauffmanfamily.org> wrote:

    >Deleted ClientRegistry.blob

    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
    the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
    and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
    sideways, cigarette in one hand, favorite beverage in
    the other, between the legs of a hot lady, body
    thoroughly used up, totally worn out,and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

    I didn't compose this but I love it!!!

Steam Video Games