mac os 9 compatability

Hi all,
Yes i too am on the hunt for a nice little digital camera. The
maximum i would stretch to would be about £350, sort of a Sony DSC-V1
range. From 3Megapixels to 5M is the range I am thinking of.

Now, I have an original iBook, macintosh computer, running OS 9.1. Are
software packages generally compatible with this 'old' OS? I am also
thinking of canon, and pentax cameras.

Also, the camera i am 'burying' has a 32M compact flash card - it would
be nice if I could use this card in my new camera. Is this an option with
the sort of camera I am looking at?

Thanks,

Andrew. :)

In article <aboyd-1804042033120001@modem-338.blotto.dialup.pol.co.uk>,
Andrew Boyd <aboyd@rna.bio.mq.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Yes i too am on the hunt for a nice little digital camera. The
> maximum i would stretch to would be about £350, sort of a Sony DSC-V1
> range. From 3Megapixels to 5M is the range I am thinking of.
>
> Now, I have an original iBook, macintosh computer, running OS 9.1. Are
> software packages generally compatible with this 'old' OS? I am also
> thinking of canon, and pentax cameras.
>
> Also, the camera i am 'burying' has a 32M compact flash card - it would
> be nice if I could use this card in my new camera. Is this an option with
> the sort of camera I am looking at?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew. :)

Hi Andrew,
Most cameras that I have looked at are compatible with Mac OS 8.6+, so
you shouldn't have a problem there.
Steve's Digicams has a great review site where the cameras are listed
by Megapixel, and Memory type, among other useful things.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html
Dealcam, also has a page where you can plug in your requirements, and
search for Cameras that are in your price range, and use the type of
memory you are interested in.
http://dealcam.com/
HTH,
NB

In article <180420041719512701%nellybly@adelphia.net>,
nellybly@adelphia.net wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
> Dealcam, also has a page where you can plug in your requirements, and
> search for Cameras that are in your price range, and use the type of
> memory you are interested in.
> http://dealcam.com/
> HTH,
> NB