RADEON 9600 and NT4

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
December 21, 2004 10:24:26 PM

I have a pc with a dualboot system Win2000/NT4 and a 19" TFT at
1280x1024, 60Hz.

I want to install a new graphic card "Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600":
for Win2000 there are the right drivers, but what about NT4?

Will the Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600 run under NT4 (at the TFT
required resolution)?

Thank you for replying
Gio

More about : radeon 9600 nt4

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 21, 2004 10:24:27 PM

[This followup was posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

In article <32r82uF3qqj3pU1@individual.net>, giobibo@yahoo.com says...
> I have a pc with a dualboot system Win2000/NT4 and a 19" TFT at
> 1280x1024, 60Hz.
>
> I want to install a new graphic card "Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600":
> for Win2000 there are the right drivers, but what about NT4?
>
> Will the Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600 run under NT4 (at the TFT
> required resolution)?

There is no official NT support beyond the 7500's. I assume that
driver will work with newer cards, but it won't make use of newer
features. I assume all resolutions will work, as that is driver/card
dependent.

It's also possible one of the FireGL drivers may work better, as they
are just hyper-Radeons.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
!