RADEON 9600 and NT4

I have a pc with a dualboot system Win2000/NT4 and a 19" TFT at
1280x1024, 60Hz.

I want to install a new graphic card "Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600":
for Win2000 there are the right drivers, but what about NT4?

Will the Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600 run under NT4 (at the TFT
required resolution)?

Thank you for replying
Gio

[This followup was posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

In article <32r82uF3qqj3pU1@individual.net>, giobibo@yahoo.com says...
> I have a pc with a dualboot system Win2000/NT4 and a 19" TFT at
> 1280x1024, 60Hz.
>
> I want to install a new graphic card "Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600":
> for Win2000 there are the right drivers, but what about NT4?
>
> Will the Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600 run under NT4 (at the TFT
> required resolution)?

There is no official NT support beyond the 7500's. I assume that
driver will work with newer cards, but it won't make use of newer
features. I assume all resolutions will work, as that is driver/card
dependent.

It's also possible one of the FireGL drivers may work better, as they
are just hyper-Radeons.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

TRENDING THREADS