firewall software upgrade recomindation

i have 3 computers on a local lan for home use , i want to upgrade the
firewall software on them , i want to be able to allow or block by address ,
such as allow two ip subnets and single p.c.s to do print and file share but
deny all other subnets. is there a firewall that can do this for less than
$60 for all three computers,
what vendor and software do you recomend ?,
unless windows XP service pack 2 firewall can allow and deny by ip subnets,
if so , where is the instructions to do this on windows help or microsoft
web?
2 answers Last reply
More about firewall software upgrade recomindation

    This is easy with WinXP's firewall.
    Exceptions -> add Port -> change scope

    --
    sChNuTz
    MCSE, CCNA, Linux+, Net+, A+

    In news:42947931-3ACA-4A0F-AEFC-3CA8D8F96E99@microsoft.com,
    marty12983 <marty12983@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > i have 3 computers on a local lan for home use , i want to upgrade the
    > firewall software on them , i want to be able to allow or block by
    > address , such as allow two ip subnets and single p.c.s to do print
    > and file share but deny all other subnets. is there a firewall that
    > can do this for less than $60 for all three computers,
    > what vendor and software do you recomend ?,
    > unless windows XP service pack 2 firewall can allow and deny by ip
    > subnets, if so , where is the instructions to do this on windows help
    > or microsoft web?

    Outpost Firewall Pro has a family license (up to five computers) for $75
    USD. It's not less than $60 but it's fairly close and will do all that
    you're asking and more.

    www.agnitum.com

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes