Radeon 9600 or GeForce FX 5700LE

Hi.

I friend has bought me an FX 5700LE card. I wanted to know if this is
adequate to play unreal 2004 and offering better visual performance than my
current Radeon 9200.

Would I be better off taking it back and getting the Radeon 9600 that is
only about 20 quid more?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about radeon 9600 geforce 5700le

    though the LE is not listed, here are the charts

    http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/index.html

    That's excelent. Should have known to look there. Cheers mate.

    "Dan" <dan@breathtakingblue.com> wrote in message
    > That's excelent. Should have known to look there. Cheers mate.
    > "dino" <whyme@help.com> wrote in message
    >> though the LE is not listed, here are the charts
    >>
    >> http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/index.html

    check this review
    http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/galaxy/5700le/index.php?p=2 and you'll see
    the LE is a severely underclocked variant of the 5700 at 250core 500memory
    http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/galaxy/5700le/index.php?p=6 this UT2004
    benchmark shows its slightly quicker than a
    5200 Ultra so if you compare that to the UT2004 benchmark in Toms Hardware
    review the basic 9600 and 5700LE are neck and neck. The 9600 will be better
    for some D3D stuff and the 5700LE better for OpenGL stuff due to the
    disparity in Nvidia/ATI drivers.

    Pay an extra £30 and get a 9600 Pro.

    > Hi.
    >
    > I friend has bought me an FX 5700LE card. I wanted to know if this is
    > adequate to play unreal 2004 and offering better visual performance than
    > my
    > current Radeon 9200.
    >
    > Would I be better off taking it back and getting the Radeon 9600 that is
    > only about 20 quid more?
    >
    > Thanks.

Radeon Geforce Graphics