half-life 1 help needed

i have started to play half-life 1 again and got a lot further. i have got
stuck at the point where i am at a revolving pole with platforms on it. in
the pole are port the transport you to different places . can some one point
me in the right directions?
14 answers Last reply
More about half life needed

    mewthree wrote:
    > i have started to play half-life 1 again and got a lot further. i
    have got
    > stuck at the point where i am at a revolving pole with platforms on
    it. in
    > the pole are port the transport you to different places . can some
    one point
    > me in the right directions?

    Big yellow revolving thing with teleporters in it?

    Each port has a number, so you can identify it again. Try going into
    each one and see what happens. You're trying to go upwards, remember.

    "mewthree" <paul@mewthree.plus.com> wrote in message
    >i have started to play half-life 1 again and got a lot further. i have got
    >stuck at the point where i am at a revolving pole with platforms on it. in
    >the pole are port the transport you to different places . can some one
    >point me in the right directions?

    Lol...this is the exact point 6 years ago where I gave up on HL1 as there
    were too many of these "jump on tiny platforms, walk along narrow beams"
    puzzles....

    If someone replies to this I'd like to know how far this bit is from the
    end....

    "mewthree" <paul@mewthree.plus.com> wrote in message
    >i have started to play half-life 1 again and got a lot further. i have got
    >stuck at the point where i am at a revolving pole with platforms on it. in
    >the pole are port the transport you to different places . can some one
    >point me in the right directions?

    Actually...can u do me a favour and email me a saved file from the start (or
    near) of this puzzle...I have always wanted to continue from that 6yrs ago
    point but it was too far from the start...

    Email it to the address I have posted this from...

    Cheers!

    chadwick110@hotmail.com wrote:

    > mewthree wrote:
    >> i have started to play half-life 1 again and got a lot further. i
    >> have got stuck at the point where i am at a revolving pole with
    >> platforms on it. in the pole are port the transport you to different
    >> places . can some one point me in the right directions?
    >
    > Big yellow revolving thing with teleporters in it?
    >
    > Each port has a number, so you can identify it again. Try going into
    > each one and see what happens. You're trying to go upwards, remember.

    Yeah - I found it useful to keep paper and pen handy for jotting down a
    reminder.

    --
    /mel/

    Craig Coope wrote:

    > "mewthree" <paul@mewthree.plus.com> wrote in message
    >> i have started to play half-life 1 again and got a lot further. i
    >> have got stuck at the point where i am at a revolving pole with
    >> platforms on it. in the pole are port the transport you to different
    >> places . can some one point me in the right directions?
    >
    > Lol...this is the exact point 6 years ago where I gave up on HL1 as
    > there were too many of these "jump on tiny platforms, walk along
    > narrow beams" puzzles....
    >
    > If someone replies to this I'd like to know how far this bit is from
    > the end....

    Oh it's a *long* way from the end. As far as I recall you've not even been
    to Xen yet at that point. Okay, so a lot of people didn't like the alien
    levels, but to my mind they were by far the best bit.

    --
    /mel/

    "Steve Mellor" <noos@mel.nospam.cix.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Craig Coope wrote:

    > Oh it's a *long* way from the end. As far as I recall you've not even been
    > to Xen yet at that point. Okay, so a lot of people didn't like the alien
    > levels, but to my mind they were by far the best bit.

    That really amazes me...it felt like I had been playing for months solid
    when I first bought it...

    I completed HL2 in 3 days!

    > i have started to play half-life 1 again and got a lot further. i have got
    > stuck at the point where i am at a revolving pole with platforms on it. in
    > the pole are port the transport you to different places . can some one point
    > me in the right directions?

    By this point I realised my l33t gaming skills were err, non-existant and
    I resorted to cheating to get past it :-}

    I think I remember this bit.
    A short while before you get to this section, you can travel down? a level
    or two and you will find a dead scientist laying in the floor in a lab.
    It seems to me that he has scrawled the relevant sequence of numbers in his
    own blood on the floor.
    Maybe this helps?

    Lefty

    Craig Coope wrote:

    > "Steve Mellor" <noos@mel.nospam.cix.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Craig Coope wrote:
    >
    >> Oh it's a *long* way from the end. As far as I recall you've not
    >> even been to Xen yet at that point. Okay, so a lot of people didn't
    >> like the alien levels, but to my mind they were by far the best bit.
    >
    > That really amazes me...it felt like I had been playing for months
    > solid when I first bought it...

    I've just been and checked - going purply by the number of levels, the
    yellow teleporter 'tree' is about two-thirds of thw way through. You're not
    far from Xen now.

    As I mentioned, a lot of people don't like Xen, though I'm not one of them.
    Computer games are more or less about suspension of belief, and I find it
    easier to believe in an unrealistic alien world than in an unrealistic human
    one.

    > I completed HL2 in 3 days!

    I wonder, has anyone ever produced a mod for any FPS game that acts like a
    pedometer?

    --

    /mel/

    "mewthree" <paul@mewthree.plus.com> wrote in message
    >i have started to play half-life 1 again and got a lot further. i have got
    >stuck at the point where i am at a revolving pole with platforms on it. in
    >the pole are port the transport you to different places . can some one
    >point me in the right directions?

    That save file u sent me was infected with a virus....

    "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "mewthree" <paul@mewthree.plus.com> wrote in message
    >>i have started to play half-life 1 again and got a lot further. i have got
    >>stuck at the point where i am at a revolving pole with platforms on it. in
    >>the pole are port the transport you to different places . can some one
    >>point me in the right directions?
    >
    > That save file u sent me was infected with a virus....

    or atleast hotmail seems to think so.....

    > "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "mewthree" <paul@mewthree.plus.com> wrote in message
    >>>i have started to play half-life 1 again and got a lot further. i have
    >>>got stuck at the point where i am at a revolving pole with platforms on
    >>>it. in the pole are port the transport you to different places . can some
    >>>one point me in the right directions?
    >>
    >> That save file u sent me was infected with a virus....
    >
    > or atleast hotmail seems to think so.....

    let me know if it was infected, please.

    > "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "mewthree" <paul@mewthree.plus.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> That save file u sent me was infected with a virus....
    >>
    >> or atleast hotmail seems to think so.....
    >>

    > let me know if it was infected, please.

    Hotmail said it was...and because of that it wouldn't let me download
    it...so I couldn't check it myself...

    If I were you I'd update your virus scanner and scan your PC....

    ........and then send me the file again :op ....why is the save file 5 meg
    tho?

    > "mewthree" <paul@mewthree.plus.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Craig Coope" <coope1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> or atleast hotmail seems to think so.....
    >>>

    >> let me know if it was infected, please.
    >
    > Hotmail said it was...and because of that it wouldn't let me download
    > it...so I couldn't check it myself...
    >
    > If I were you I'd update your virus scanner and scan your PC....

    in the process of doing.

    > .......and then send me the file again :op ....why is the save file 5 meg
    > tho?

    saved many times !

Games Video Games