SP2 Firewall dropping network connections

Hi All,

We're currently testing SP2 and firewall settings, with a desire to deploy
across the organisation (pending test results).
Generally things are working well, but we have identified an issue where
network connections are getting dropped after printing.

The scenario:
I have a few apps running (say Outlook 2002 and Word 2002).
I print a job from Word to a network printer (via a samba share on a unix
server)
The print job appears, but Outlook can no longer find my PST file.
I close Outlook and restart...everything is back to normal...until the next
print job.

I've then disabled the firewall and everything is fine again.
Turned the firewall back on (including a few exceptions for remote admin,
remote assistance, etc) and problem comes back!

Has anyone else experienced this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mark

Hi All,

We've done more testing and found the flavour of server has no impact
(direct IP even has random results).
Problem persists, but is not related to Samba directly.

I'm suspecting the print process is closing a network port that mapped
drives also uses for SMB.
Can anyone tell me what TCP ports are used in the printing process?

cheers,

Mark