Installing new 9600 Pro

I have a 9000 Pro w/latest ATI drivers and just got my new Sapphire 9600
Pro. Do I need to uninstall the drivers and ATI software, change the cards,
and re-install the drivers and software, or is enough to change the cards?

Thx,
TJ

"Tojo" <tojo@nebraska.com> wrote in message
>I have a 9000 Pro w/latest ATI drivers and just got my new Sapphire 9600
> Pro. Do I need to uninstall the drivers and ATI software, change the
> cards,
> and re-install the drivers and software, or is enough to change the cards?
>
> Thx,
> TJ

Well you can try that and if it doesn't work, reinstall the drivers, though
I tend to think the latter...

Andrew Chew wrote:

> "Tojo" <tojo@nebraska.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have a 9000 Pro w/latest ATI drivers and just got my new Sapphire 9600
>>Pro. Do I need to uninstall the drivers and ATI software, change the
>>cards,
>>and re-install the drivers and software, or is enough to change the cards?
>>
>>Thx,
>>TJ
>>

> Well you can try that and if it doesn't work, reinstall the drivers, though
> I tend to think the latter...

Well, I understand that during the installment process the particular
driver set for the card on hand is selected from the Catalyst package
- if this is true, re-installment is the way to go.

Roy