Anybody play on xBox as well?

"jpg" <gallagj@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:VKSdnaZgKf44tVHcRVn-3Q@comcast.com...
>I decided to see what all the hype was about.
> Any takes?
>
> tia

What are you trying to play? I like my XBOX for the racing games: Project
Gotham Racing 2, Rallisport Challenge 2, Burnout 3, Midtown Madness 3 (loved
it on the PC years ago). Also it's the best platform (along with PS2) for
sports games. I have a couple of each type of sports game and despite what
others may think, I find that the $19.99 ESPN sports games are well balanced
between action and simulation. So in other words they are fun, but mainly
use them for multiplayer. And Top Spin tennis is great fun multiplayer.
Other than that, most action games I end up playing on my PC except for the
unique titles like Halo 2 and Ghost Recon 2. Certain titles I will go
cross-platform because they offer unique things over the other ones like
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow actually has a much better online base than
the PC. Same thing with the other Tom Clancy games. Easy to setup a
multiplayer game with voice capability. Doom 3 will be another to play for
the co-op capability.

Otherwise, my primary choice is my PC. But that's mainly because I prefer
flight simulations, driving simulations, and RTS games, and an occasional
FPS. I primarily own an XBOX because it is easy to start (i.e. no
install/patch hassles), great fun multiplayer when family and friends come
over too. PC games usually require multple PC's to play multiplayer, whereas
XBOX is great for split-screen action.

Well, that's my two cents.

JPG

Mainly, Tiger Wood PGA Tour.
I do play some shooters at times, like FarCry and Splinter Cell.
thought it may be viable to game on so as not to have build a bleeding edge
pc.

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message

> "jpg" <gallagj@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >I decided to see what all the hype was about.
> > Any takes?
> >
> > tia
> >

> What are you trying to play? I like my XBOX for the racing games: Project
> Gotham Racing 2, Rallisport Challenge 2, Burnout 3, Midtown Madness 3
(loved
> it on the PC years ago). Also it's the best platform (along with PS2) for
> sports games. I have a couple of each type of sports game and despite what
> others may think, I find that the $19.99 ESPN sports games are well
balanced
> between action and simulation. So in other words they are fun, but mainly
> use them for multiplayer. And Top Spin tennis is great fun multiplayer.
> Other than that, most action games I end up playing on my PC except for
the
> unique titles like Halo 2 and Ghost Recon 2. Certain titles I will go
> cross-platform because they offer unique things over the other ones like
> Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow actually has a much better online base than
> the PC. Same thing with the other Tom Clancy games. Easy to setup a
> multiplayer game with voice capability. Doom 3 will be another to play for
> the co-op capability.
>
> Otherwise, my primary choice is my PC. But that's mainly because I prefer
> flight simulations, driving simulations, and RTS games, and an occasional
> FPS. I primarily own an XBOX because it is easy to start (i.e. no
> install/patch hassles), great fun multiplayer when family and friends come
> over too. PC games usually require multple PC's to play multiplayer,
whereas
> XBOX is great for split-screen action.
>
> Well, that's my two cents.

"jpg" <gallagj@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I decided to see what all the hype was about.
> Any takes?
>
> tia

Part of me wishes the ergonomics of the Xbox controller were a bit better,
but I mainly enjoy hockey on the Xbox. Racing games are something I plan to
get more into as well.

I was given an xbox as a gift about 1.5 years ago and only played it
sporadically until recently. It took a while to get used to playing
shooters with a controller, but the action is less intense to compensate.
In many ways playing on the xbox is easier because you plop a game in and
just play. You don't have to worry about directx, driver version,
upgrading your machine, applying patches, etc.
--
Mac Cool

TRENDING THREADS