impossible to request a computer certificate.. error 786

I use a VPN connexion from my laptop to my server. I am
using a computer certificate to use a L2TP VPN. All things
worked correcly... today my certificate was expired and I
cannot request to certificate it again because too late...
expiration 3 days ago...
So I request a new computer certificate but I have on my
screen the following message... something as "...your
certificate request has failed. Data not valid." and if I
checked my certificates, I discover that the certificate
has been generated ! but when I try to activate my VPN,
the system tells something as "... you have not a valid
certificate on your computer to connect you...."
with "error 786"
Some help please !!!! Why I cannot request a computer
certificate from my XP machine ??? in the past it was
OK... I try to request a user certificate and it's OK to
obtain it but.
What is broken in XP to stop only the computer certificate
request ????
..
1 answer Last reply
More about impossible request computer certificate error

    Troubleshooting Certificate Status and Revocation
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/support/tshtcrl.mspx

    Troubleshooting
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/wifitrbl.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "DENIS L." wrote:

    | I use a VPN connexion from my laptop to my server. I am
    | using a computer certificate to use a L2TP VPN. All things
    | worked correcly... today my certificate was expired and I
    | cannot request to certificate it again because too late...
    | expiration 3 days ago...
    | So I request a new computer certificate but I have on my
    | screen the following message... something as "...your
    | certificate request has failed. Data not valid." and if I
    | checked my certificates, I discover that the certificate
    | has been generated ! but when I try to activate my VPN,
    | the system tells something as "... you have not a valid
    | certificate on your computer to connect you...."
    | with "error 786"
    | Some help please !!!! Why I cannot request a computer
    | certificate from my XP machine ??? in the past it was
    | OK... I try to request a user certificate and it's OK to
    | obtain it but.
    | What is broken in XP to stop only the computer certificate
    | request ????

Computers vpn Certificate Windows XP