Security needed to run eventquery?

Hello,
I have a staff member that will be collecting stats for me. I have
written a script using eventquery that runs fine under administrator
but nothing else. I have given her administrator access yet it still
wants more to run. Script is run from a 2003 server while the
workstations we are collecting stats on are all xp. Any ideas short of
giving her the the admin password?
Thanks, Fletch

Since you are collecting stats from all PCs on the network, she most likely
needs to be setup just like you - this most likely is a "domain" admin, not
a "local" admin.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

<fletchb@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have a staff member that will be collecting stats for me. I have
> written a script using eventquery that runs fine under administrator
> but nothing else. I have given her administrator access yet it still
> wants more to run. Script is run from a 2003 server while the
> workstations we are collecting stats on are all xp. Any ideas short of
> giving her the the admin password?
> Thanks, Fletch

I have tried that, but there is still something wrong. I tried
manuallying accessing the event log from her account . I can't view
security, which is the one she needs. The other 2 logs work just fine
but we don't need them. Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply,
Fletch

I think I am ok now. Not sure why but after lunch I came back and it
was working. Why there is a delay, not sure but your fix does work,
just took a bit.

thanks and regards,
fletch