Diminsion 4700 and ATI X300SE install

Besides disabling the onboard video in the bios do I need to also remove the
drivers and other references to it also before installing my ati card?
Thanks in advance.Mudzu

You don't NEED to, but it's good to remove old driver files to avoid
problems. Go into Add/Remove Programs and see if the drivers are listed.