ATI vs. Omega drivers?

I just got a 9600xt from eBay and was wondering what the best drivers for
games are? I don't plan on doing any overclocking.

Thanks.

"Blip" <lewmr@home.com> wrote in message
> I just got a 9600xt from eBay and was wondering what the best drivers for
> games are? I don't plan on doing any overclocking.
>
> Thanks.

When I was playing Doom 3, I too was interested in the Omega drivers
performance, so downloaded the latest set. To my joy, they gave me a 10fps
incrase in the Doom 3 timedemo. The Omega drivers were based on betas of the
same ATI set. This pretty much sold me on the Omega drivers, and I haven't
used ATI since. I'm using a 9800 Pro 128MB btw.

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:14:22 -0000, "The Berzerker"
<Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote:

>"Blip" <lewmr@home.com> wrote in message
>> I just got a 9600xt from eBay and was wondering what the best drivers for
>> games are? I don't plan on doing any overclocking.

>> Thanks.

>When I was playing Doom 3, I too was interested in the Omega drivers
>performance, so downloaded the latest set. To my joy, they gave me a 10fps
>incrase in the Doom 3 timedemo. The Omega drivers were based on betas of the
>same ATI set. This pretty much sold me on the Omega drivers, and I haven't
>used ATI since. I'm using a 9800 Pro 128MB btw.

I have not used ATi's for the whole 9 years that the ' God Bless You'
man has been around.

For Blip & Mlaen : http://www.omegadrivers.net/ and make sure you read
his CP help / FAQ and particularly the MB BIOS link

BoroLad

On 26 Dec 2004, Mlaen wrote:

> where can I download those drivers?

Google "omega drivers" and it should be the first hit you get.

--
Alex Devlin

"I don't care who you want to speak to, or how far you came, or what you
have to offer. You CAN'T PARK HERE."

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

The Omegas are a little faster but I could not use them. I had major
tearing because vsync refuse to work. I switched to the Cat 412 and problem
solved.

DaveL

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The Omegas are a little faster but I could not use them. I had major
> tearing because vsync refuse to work. I switched to the Cat 412 and
problem
> solved.
>
> DaveL

Yeah, I think the latest Omega set actually had a bug that prevented v-sync
working.

I got the Omega drivers for my 9800 SE. Softmoded to open up the 4
pixel pipes on the card but I can't tell if it worked.
RivaTuner reads that there is 8 pixel pipes but I can't tell the
difference. In HL2 I'm getting 55FPS on the HL2 benchmarks. Run some
tests to see what drivers are best for you.

On 31 Dec 2004 15:39:12 -0800, tq144@msn.com wrote:

>I got the Omega drivers for my 9800 SE. Softmoded to open up the 4
>pixel pipes on the card but I can't tell if it worked.
>RivaTuner reads that there is 8 pixel pipes but I can't tell the
>difference. In HL2 I'm getting 55FPS on the HL2 benchmarks. Run some
>tests to see what drivers are best for you.

- Right click on your desktop
- Settings
- Adapter

- Adapter String : shows physical [ on pcb ] chip type
- Chip Type : shows [ software ] modded chip type

or use one of the many tools such as AIDA32/64 etc

BoroLad

Manuel

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Blip wrote:
> I just got a 9600xt from eBay and was wondering what the best drivers for
> games are? I don't plan on doing any overclocking.
>
> Thanks.

Go with the OmegaDrivers, they are far better than ATIs. I can't stress
enough how good they are.

The only question I have is why ATI, being the manufacturer, does not
release better drivers? it's like they said to their coders "just get
the drivers to work and don't worry about performance".