Help! Logisys LGX750 Monitor and ATI 8500DV

CW

Wondering if someone can provide some insight on this one. I have and Intel
845GEB MB with an ATI 8500DV AGP video card and a Logisys LGX750 17"
monitor. All hardware is good as I've done some extensive testing by
substituting other hardware. The problem is, with Windows XP SP2 (or any
version of Windows 98+ for that matter), the ATI drivers see the LGX750 as a
YPbPr device, and force the display to a green tinted 60HZ display. I cannot
change the display to monitor in the ATI settings properties box either. Is
there a registry hack for XP that will force the ATI drivers to not try an
auto detect the video device? BTW, I have tried several versions of the
Catlayst packages from ATI (very confusing, I might add) to no satisfaction.
Anyone have any ideas?

CW wrote:

> Wondering if someone can provide some insight on this one. I have and Intel
> 845GEB MB with an ATI 8500DV AGP video card and a Logisys LGX750 17"
> monitor. All hardware is good as I've done some extensive testing by
> substituting other hardware. The problem is, with Windows XP SP2 (or any
> version of Windows 98+ for that matter), the ATI drivers see the LGX750 as a
> YPbPr device, and force the display to a green tinted 60HZ display. I cannot
> change the display to monitor in the ATI settings properties box either. Is
> there a registry hack for XP that will force the ATI drivers to not try an
> auto detect the video device? BTW, I have tried several versions of the
> Catlayst packages from ATI (very confusing, I might add) to no satisfaction.
> Anyone have any ideas?

I use the cat 4.3 and mmc 8.7

CW

"Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
> CW wrote:
>>
>> Wondering if someone can provide some insight on this one. I have and
>> Intel
>> 845GEB MB with an ATI 8500DV AGP video card and a Logisys LGX750 17"
>> monitor. All hardware is good as I've done some extensive testing by
>> substituting other hardware. The problem is, with Windows XP SP2 (or any
>> version of Windows 98+ for that matter), the ATI drivers see the LGX750
>> as a
>> YPbPr device, and force the display to a green tinted 60HZ display. I
>> cannot
>> change the display to monitor in the ATI settings properties box either.
>> Is
>> there a registry hack for XP that will force the ATI drivers to not try
>> an
>> auto detect the video device? BTW, I have tried several versions of the
>> Catlayst packages from ATI (very confusing, I might add) to no
>> satisfaction.
>> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> I use the cat 4.3 and mmc 8.7

What OS, monitor?

CW wrote:

> "Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message
> > CW wrote:
> >>
> >> Wondering if someone can provide some insight on this one. I have and
> >> Intel
> >> 845GEB MB with an ATI 8500DV AGP video card and a Logisys LGX750 17"
> >> monitor. All hardware is good as I've done some extensive testing by
> >> substituting other hardware. The problem is, with Windows XP SP2 (or any
> >> version of Windows 98+ for that matter), the ATI drivers see the LGX750
> >> as a
> >> YPbPr device, and force the display to a green tinted 60HZ display. I
> >> cannot
> >> change the display to monitor in the ATI settings properties box either.
> >> Is
> >> there a registry hack for XP that will force the ATI drivers to not try
> >> an
> >> auto detect the video device? BTW, I have tried several versions of the
> >> Catlayst packages from ATI (very confusing, I might add) to no
> >> satisfaction.
> >> Anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > I use the cat 4.3 and mmc 8.7
>
> What OS, monitor?

xp sp2 sony g400, newer doesnt mean better, this combo has been quite
stable for me.

> CW wrote:
>>
>> "Gordon Scott" <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote in message

>> > I use the cat 4.3 and mmc 8.7
>>
>> What OS, monitor?
>
> xp sp2 sony g400, newer doesnt mean better, this combo has been quite
> stable for me.

I've got a CTX PL9 monitor that I can connect to the 8500DV, and it works
perfectly. I'm trying to figure out why the Logisys LGX750 is identified as
a device that requires component signals. Moreover, I'd prefer to figure out
how to defeat the "detection".