9500pro with infinion ram

SL

Hello all,

I have the non-L shaped memory on an Ati 9500 pro. I have the infineon 3.0
ram. I lost my link and a kind email from someone who said that I can flash
this card to 9700 stats without worry. Im still interested in doing so If
someone has some help for me.

Anyone?

thanks,
SL

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

SL wrote:
> I have the non-L shaped memory on an Ati 9500 pro. I have the
> infineon 3.0 ram. I lost my link and a kind email from someone who
> said that I can flash this card to 9700 stats without worry. Im
> still interested in doing so If someone has some help for me.

The 9500 Pro has 128 bit memory, so you CANNOT use it as a 9700. You can of
course overclock your card, but it's easier and safer to use overclocking
software for this.

I have a 9500 non-Pro 128 MB with the L-shaped 9700 board, so I run it like
a 9700.

A lot faster, actually, due to my watercooling, I can overclock the core to
375 MHz ;-)

Thomas

The non-L-shaped memory means an 128-bit interface, so your card can never
reach 9700 speeds. The mod will let you enable all 8 rendering pipelines for
a healthy boost. Try the Rivatuner Soft9700 software mod first.

"SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have the non-L shaped memory on an Ati 9500 pro. I have the infineon
3.0
> ram. I lost my link and a kind email from someone who said that I can
flash
> this card to 9700 stats without worry. Im still interested in doing so If
> someone has some help for me.
>
> Anyone?
>
> thanks,
> SL

Never mind. Just realized the 9500Pro already has all 8 pipes enabled. This
means there no further room for modification, just overclocking. See:

http://www.techpowerup.com/softmod/faq.php

> The non-L-shaped memory means an 128-bit interface, so your card can never
> reach 9700 speeds. The mod will let you enable all 8 rendering pipelines
for
> a healthy boost. Try the Rivatuner Soft9700 software mod first.

> "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have the non-L shaped memory on an Ati 9500 pro. I have the infineon
> 3.0
> > ram. I lost my link and a kind email from someone who said that I can
> flash
> > this card to 9700 stats without worry. Im still interested in doing so
If
> > someone has some help for me.
> >
> > Anyone?
> >
> > thanks,
> > SL

SL

thanks for the tips. It seems like I have the worst of the lot for fooling
around with. I think I will just leave it as is and drop it into an
"entertainment" pc. She has been such a nice card too....

SL
> Never mind. Just realized the 9500Pro already has all 8 pipes enabled.
> This
> means there no further room for modification, just overclocking. See:
>
> http://www.techpowerup.com/softmod/faq.php

> "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> The non-L-shaped memory means an 128-bit interface, so your card can
>> never
>> reach 9700 speeds. The mod will let you enable all 8 rendering pipelines
> for
>> a healthy boost. Try the Rivatuner Soft9700 software mod first.
>>
>> --
>> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
>> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
>> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
>>

>> "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > I have the non-L shaped memory on an Ati 9500 pro. I have the infineon
>> 3.0
>> > ram. I lost my link and a kind email from someone who said that I can
>> flash
>> > this card to 9700 stats without worry. Im still interested in doing so
> If
>> > someone has some help for me.
>> >
>> > Anyone?
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> > SL

Look at it the other way, you already had a pretty powerful card to begin
with... If you truly have no use for it, it will fetch some $80 on eBay.