Refresh rate override and CAT 4.12

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I was very happy to finally see a built-in refresh override feature in the
4.12 drivers, and it seems to work just fine. However, after a reboot the 3d
Refresh Rate Override setting reverts to Same as desktop, instead of the
specific refresh rate value I set it to.

I have a 9800pro and currently use the Catalyst Control Center that came
with the 4.12 drivers.

Anyone else having this problem?

-phil

What refresh rate do you use for regular desktop mode?

"Phil" <phil_essing@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I was very happy to finally see a built-in refresh override feature in the
> 4.12 drivers, and it seems to work just fine. However, after a reboot the
3d
> Refresh Rate Override setting reverts to Same as desktop, instead of the
> specific refresh rate value I set it to.
>
> I have a 9800pro and currently use the Catalyst Control Center that came
> with the 4.12 drivers.
>
> Anyone else having this problem?
>
> -phil

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

My desktop is set to 85Hz, and I have the 3d Refresh Rate Override also set
to 85Hz. The problem is that the Catalyst Control Center doesn't retain this
setting after it's restarted. It always reverts to Same as desktop.

> What refresh rate do you use for regular desktop mode?

> "Phil" <phil_essing@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I was very happy to finally see a built-in refresh override feature in
>> the
>> 4.12 drivers, and it seems to work just fine. However, after a reboot the
> 3d
>> Refresh Rate Override setting reverts to Same as desktop, instead of the
>> specific refresh rate value I set it to.
>>
>> I have a 9800pro and currently use the Catalyst Control Center that came
>> with the 4.12 drivers.
>>
>> Anyone else having this problem?
>>
>> -phil

> My desktop is set to 85Hz, and I have the 3d Refresh Rate Override also
set
> to 85Hz. The problem is that the Catalyst Control Center doesn't retain
this
> setting after it's restarted. It always reverts to Same as desktop.

Well beat me, but your desktop refresh rate is the "same" as your 3D
settings. Maybe the CCC detects this and does not displays as "85" but as
"Same as destop". So it's more a stupidity of the CCC than a technical flaw.
I wouldn't use this bloatware at all.

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

There definitely is a problem with this. When set to Same as desktop my
refresh will drop to 60Hz when going into a full-screen 3d game. When it is
set to 85Hz my refresh stays put in games.

-phil

"Christian Atteneder" <atti@ping.at> wrote in message
>> My desktop is set to 85Hz, and I have the 3d Refresh Rate Override also
> set
>> to 85Hz. The problem is that the Catalyst Control Center doesn't retain
> this
>> setting after it's restarted. It always reverts to Same as desktop.
>>

> Well beat me, but your desktop refresh rate is the "same" as your 3D
> settings. Maybe the CCC detects this and does not displays as "85" but as
> "Same as destop". So it's more a stupidity of the CCC than a technical
> flaw.
> I wouldn't use this bloatware at all.

TRENDING THREADS