X800XT vivo and resolution problems in high definition

KS

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

Got a sapphire x800xt and with a socket 939 based motherboard with windows
2000. Tried the newest ati 4.12 driver and the newest omegadriver with the
same result/problem. When connect my Panasonic AE700 projector which got
high definition I only get 640*480 resolution inn halflife2, Need for speed
underground 2 and a lot of other games execpt from Call of Duty Demo
version. Some games wont even start at all but just crash at loading. All
the games have support for 1280*720 in 60 hz and works well with my Benq 19"
lcd. Is this a ati driver problem or is it something else? I can use my
desktop in HD resolution with my Panasonic like surf the www but not run
games.
Any idea?

KS <katos75@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Got a sapphire x800xt and with a socket 939 based motherboard with windows
> 2000. Tried the newest ati 4.12 driver and the newest omegadriver with the
> same result/problem. When connect my Panasonic AE700 projector which got
> high definition I only get 640*480 resolution inn halflife2, Need for
speed
> underground 2 and a lot of other games execpt from Call of Duty Demo
> version. Some games wont even start at all but just crash at loading. All
> the games have support for 1280*720 in 60 hz and works well with my Benq
19"
> lcd. Is this a ati driver problem or is it something else? I can use my
> desktop in HD resolution with my Panasonic like surf the www but not run
> games.
> Any idea?

Does the projector have an XGA connector? I believe composite video cable
only supports 640 x 480 or thereabout.

Make sure the projector is being detected as the primary monitor. Outputting
3D to a secondary monitor can be flaky.