Deleted Administrator account/ Need help

Hi group. I need some help on this :
In the Users account I had my account as Administrator and my wife with
Limited right,some how by mistake I deleted my account "Administrator " Now
I only can log in with a limted account and I can not do anything not even
create a new account .
How can I log in as an administrator,
I tried many differents thingn , but I have no rights to create my own
account as Administrator even do I can see my name in the Administrative
Tools and a whole bunch of users : Administror, Power users , my name etc.
but I can only log in with my wifes Limited account.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
L G.
2 answers Last reply
More about deleted administrator account help

    Windows Home XP
    1. As windows is loading up press F8 repeatedly until the Windows advanced screen
    comes up.
    2. Select safe mode (the version of windows you want to use click XP wait until it
    loads the welcome screen.
    3. Select Administrator and it will log you on as administrator without a password
    (provided a password was not created in this hidden account during setup).
    4. Go to Start - Control Panel - User Accounts.
    5. Now create a new Administrator Account.

    ****

    If you have XP Pro on your computer:-
    1. At the log in screen " ctrl-alt-delete " twice.
    2. In the User Account, type Administrator
    3. Leave the password blank and press enter.
    (Most likely a password wasn't created in this hidden account during setup).
    4. Go to Start - Control Panel - User Accounts.
    5. Now create a new Administrator Account.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308421

    NOTE: You must be logged on to the computer using an account that has administrative
    privileges. If you are running Windows XP Home Edition, in order to have access to
    the Security tab, you must first start in Safe Mode and log on with an account that
    has Administrative rights.

    "L.G." <lig1948@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi group. I need some help on this :
    > In the Users account I had my account as Administrator and my wife with Limited
    > right,some how by mistake I deleted my account "Administrator " Now I only can log
    > in with a limted account and I can not do anything not even create a new account .
    > How can I log in as an administrator,
    > I tried many differents thingn , but I have no rights to create my own account as
    > Administrator even do I can see my name in the Administrative Tools and a whole
    > bunch of users : Administror, Power users , my name etc.
    > but I can only log in with my wifes Limited account.
    > Any help will be appreciated.
    > Thanks in advance.
    > L G.

    Thank you very much for your quick response and help.
    L.G

Login Windows XP