Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Choices

I just got some money for Christmas (about $100) and I want to spend it
on a new video card. Due to my financial constraints I've ruled out
what would be my card of choice (the 9800SE) and have decided to
purchase a refurbished 9600 Pro from NewEgg. There are two models
available, an Atlantis with 128MB of texture memory and a black PCB, or
a non-Atlantis with 256MB of texture memory and a green PCB. Both are
close to the same price (the non-Atlantis costs $3 more) and they have
the same core/memory clock speeds of 400mHz/600mHz. Both cards have
128-bit memory. Does the Atlantis series support any features that a
normal 9600 Pro does not? If so, are these additional features
important enough to skip out on the extra texture memory? I'm a little
bit confused, so any suggestions or information would be appreciated a
great deal
Thanks,
-Hukuis

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time, but it looks like NewEgg has either
removed the 256MB product or sold out, it's no longer listed under
refurbished items. I guess I'm going with the Sapphire.
My Apologies,
-Hukuis

Mac Cool wrote:
> If you can stretch the budget, try this:
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-303
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-131-219
>
> If not, take a look here:
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-471
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-408
> --
> Mac Cool
If I'm not mistaken, the Atlantis Radeon 9600 Pro supports more
features than the standard Sapphire model "100561." I can still get a
refurbished Atlantis 9600 Pro for $93 plus shipping. Did you suggest
model "100561" because it was retail or do you know something about the
Atlantis series that would suggest I should steer away from them? As
far as I can tell from the spec sheets, the Atlantis supports
Smoothvision 2.1 and OpenGL 2.0, while the standard model only supports
Smoothvision 2.0 and OpenGL 1.5.
Thanks for the links,
-Hukuis

For all intents and purposes, all versions of the 9600 support the same
hardware features.

First of One wrote:
> For all intents and purposes, all versions of the 9600 support the
same
> hardware features.
Thanks for clearing that up! That brings up another question: why does
the retail Atlantis version cost more than the standard retail model
"100561"? Does it use higher-quality parts like a better heatsink/fan
or better RAM?
Thanks,
-Hukuis