Decrypting Files from a Deleted Partition

Arthur

Here is my situation: I had files stored on my desktop pc (windows xp) that
appened to be encrypted. I took those files from my deesktop pc and saved
them on my external hard drive (which was connected to my desktop pc by usb
cable). The files still maintained there encryption.
I then reformatted my desktop pc and re-installed all my software again.
When I reconnected my external hard drive and tried to access those encrypted
files that were backed up....it would not allow me.
I've read that I need a certificate to decrypt those files, but those
certificates have been wiped put when I reformatted.

How do I go about gaining access to those files again? How can I decrypt them?

Thanks,

Arthur

Arthur;
Without the original keys, you can't.
You have discovered the "Delayed Recycle Bin".

Follow the links near the bottom of this page to help prevent this in the
future:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/encrypt.htm

Step 1 on the above link can help if it is an Ownership and not encryption
issue.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar