EFS available for WindowsXP Home ediiton

Is there a way to enable EFS for XP Home? The "encrypt" dialog box is
grayed out when I try to access it via properties

EFS is only available with Windows XP Professional.
It cannot be installed in XP Home Edition.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"DCM" <dcm200NOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to enable EFS for XP Home? The "encrypt" dialog box is
> grayed out when I try to access it via properties

Only via an upgrade to Windows XP Professional.
As to why the dialog is grey and just not there - this is due to he common
code base between Professional and Home and that it would be an unnecessary
code change for a UI that would require additional time to develop and test
for no real benefit.

--

Regards,

Mike