Prob: ATI MPGs on Nvidia System

I just recorded an mpg movie file for a friend through my ati tv tuner card.
Saved as Composite01.mpg.
Plays on my system great, on his system, no video, but sound works.

So, it seems like a codec issue as he has an nvidia video card and doesn't
have the proprietary ati mmc codecs.
I've looked around, and downloaded and installed ati's ativcr software but
that didn't do the job:
http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/ATIVCRX.html

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
jody
3 answers Last reply
More about prob mpgs nvidia system

    In article <NYKdnZR6pOOJbUvcRVn-rw@rogers.com>, "Jody" <user@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    >I just recorded an mpg movie file for a friend through my ati tv tuner card.
    >Saved as Composite01.mpg.
    >Plays on my system great, on his system, no video, but sound works.
    >
    >So, it seems like a codec issue as he has an nvidia video card and doesn't
    >have the proprietary ati mmc codecs.
    >I've looked around, and downloaded and installed ati's ativcr software but
    >that didn't do the job:
    > http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/ATIVCRX.html
    >
    >Any suggestions?
    >Thanks,
    >jody

    Are you sure you recorded an MPEG1 format and not in MPEG2?
    If its in MPEG2 format , you may need to install a dvd player software on your
    firends pc or at the very least some mpeg2 codec.

    The ATI codec download you listed is for their proprietary AVI based vcr1/vcr2
    codecs.

    If its SVCD or DVD he needs an Mpeg2 decoder like Powerdvd
    Windvd, etc.

    Jody wrote:

    > I just recorded an mpg movie file for a friend through my ati tv tuner card.
    > Saved as Composite01.mpg.
    > Plays on my system great, on his system, no video, but sound works.
    >
    > So, it seems like a codec issue as he has an nvidia video card and doesn't
    > have the proprietary ati mmc codecs.
    > I've looked around, and downloaded and installed ati's ativcr software but
    > that didn't do the job:
    > http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/ATIVCRX.html
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    > Thanks,
    > jody

    ATI has a download for codecs for non ATI systems. I think it might just
    be for .vcr files tho.

Radeon Codec ATI Nvidia Graphics