How to disable drag and drop in Windows Explorer Xp

Hi,

How to disable drag and drop in mapped drive in windows Explorer ? Windows
Xp is in Domain AD...
Thanks for solution

Gilles
4 answers Last reply
More about disable drag drop windows explorer

    "Gilles GODIN" <g.godin@ambassade.tm.fr> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > How to disable drag and drop in mapped drive in windows Explorer ? Windows
    > Xp is in Domain AD...
    > Thanks for solution

    You don't.
    If you do not want a user to drag and drop a file to copy it; then do not
    give them read permission to the file.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    "Gilles GODIN" <g.godin@ambassade.tm.fr> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > How to disable drag and drop in mapped drive in windows Explorer ? Windows
    > Xp is in Domain AD...
    > Thanks for solution
    >
    > Gilles

    Well, Thank mike, but...

    No, a file copy is ok, but not a move, user lost original folder after a
    happy mouse, I want a read and write permission to the folder and file, but
    not move a folder with a drag and drop or enable prompt before for
    confirm...

    Thanks
    Gilles

    > Well, Thank mike, but...
    >
    > No, a file copy is ok, but not a move, user lost original folder after a
    > happy mouse, I want a read and write permission to the folder and file,
    > but
    > not move a folder with a drag and drop or enable prompt before for
    > confirm...

    Still - no (but possible yes) - to move a file a user needs to be able to
    delete it from its current location - so you need to sort out your
    permissions appropriately.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    "Gilles GODIN" <g.godin@ambassade.tm.fr> wrote in message
    > Well, Thank mike, but...
    >
    > No, a file copy is ok, but not a move, user lost original folder after a
    > happy mouse, I want a read and write permission to the folder and file,
    > but
    > not move a folder with a drag and drop or enable prompt before for
    > confirm...
    >
    > Thanks
    > Gilles

    Ok, thank mike,

    I find in the internet explorer security zone, for the intranet zone, an
    option "Drap-move or Drop-paste" with a enable, request or disable...
    for what context is do ("intranet zone" is same that "lan network", not ?),
    but it did not work, snif !

    Best regards
    Gilles

Windows Explorer Windows XP