Question regarding Radeon9100 and new monitor

louisg

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2005

I recently bought a Lcd monitor and have changed the resolution that i
normally run my monitor at to 1024x768 from 800x600 and have noticed that
when i look at the pictures that i have on the computer that the colors
seem a little "washed" out ,, the pics aren't as clear as they were.

If you look at a picture of someone's face it appears as they have a skin
condition (that's the only way i can describe it , sorry) but with the old
crt monitor it was crystal clear.

What can i do to rectify this ?? Is there some adjustment that can be made
in the video cards software??

Thanks ,

Gord

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

"LouisG" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought a Lcd monitor and have changed the resolution that i
> normally run my monitor at to 1024x768 from 800x600 and have noticed that
> when i look at the pictures that i have on the computer that the colors
> seem a little "washed" out ,, the pics aren't as clear as they were.
>
> If you look at a picture of someone's face it appears as they have a skin
> condition (that's the only way i can describe it , sorry) but with the old
> crt monitor it was crystal clear.
>

> What can i do to rectify this ?? Is there some adjustment that can be
> made
> in the video cards software??
>
> Thanks ,
>

> Gord

LCD monitors are meant to be run at higher resolutions so bump it up and see
what picture you get.

louisg

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2005

"Sleepy" <nospamthanksbpespley@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in

> "LouisG" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message
>>I recently bought a Lcd monitor and have changed the resolution that i
>> normally run my monitor at to 1024x768 from 800x600 and have noticed
>> that when i look at the pictures that i have on the computer that the
>> colors seem a little "washed" out ,, the pics aren't as clear as they
>> were.
>>
>> If you look at a picture of someone's face it appears as they have a
>> skin condition (that's the only way i can describe it , sorry) but
>> with the old crt monitor it was crystal clear.
>>

>> What can i do to rectify this ?? Is there some adjustment that can
>> be made
>> in the video cards software??
>>
>> Thanks ,
>>

>> Gord
>
> LCD monitors are meant to be run at higher resolutions so bump it up
> and see what picture you get.

I've bumped it up to other resolutions and still have the same
discoloration on the pictures ,,, it's noticalble on ,say, landscape
pictures ,, but really noticable on pictures of people's skin.

peter

Have you tried the color adjustment buttons at the bottom of the screen??
Your user manual that came with the LCD should explain how they work.
peter

"peter" <pete121@telus.net.ca> wrote in news:Rm0Cd.42849$dv1.2072
@edtnps89:

> Have you tried the color adjustment buttons at the bottom of the
screen??
> Your user manual that came with the LCD should explain how they work.
> peter
> "LouisG" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message
>> "Sleepy" <nospamthanksbpespley@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
>>

>>> "LouisG" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message

>>> LCD monitors are meant to be run at higher resolutions so bump it up
>>> and see what picture you get.
>>>

>> I've bumped it up to other resolutions and still have the same
>> discoloration on the pictures ,,, it's noticalble on ,say, landscape
>> pictures ,, but really noticable on pictures of people's skin.

Oh yeah , that was the first thing ,, but i got playing around with the
gamma settings and it seems to be the adjustment that i'm needing to make
to get everything in synch.