LCD TV problem or ATI problem in screen size...

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • TV
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 2, 2005 9:21:51 PM

Hi,

When I display my computer on the TV, the image is cut about 1" on each
side.
So I don't see the windows taskbar.
My LCD TV is a 30" sharp

I'm in 1280 * 720.
When I switch to 1920 * 1080, then I lost more then 2"!!! (so I lost the
taskbar + the first row of icons)

I'm connected through the DVI connector on an ATI 9200SE video card.

I don't know if the problem is the video crad or the TV.
Does anyone experience this type of problem?
how to identify the source of the problem?

thanks for your help.
Jerome.

More about : lcd problem ati problem screen size

January 9, 2005 1:49:55 PM

ok
after some search and tests

I've found that its an overscan problem.
But ATI can solve this overscan if I'm using the component connector, there
is no resolution when I'm using the DVI connector.

I've tried the powerstrip tool without success.
I can't setup correctly my video card.

I want to keep my DVI connector, so, any solution?

!