9800 Pro vs 6600GT

I'm not sure if there is already a thread started on this topic. I searched
google groups, but didn't find anything. I would like to know how the 9800
Pro compares to 6600GT. Is one any better than the other?
6 answers Last reply
More about 9800 6600gt

    there is a lot of cards here...
    http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/index.html

    "Charlie Brookhart" <charliebrookhart46@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm not sure if there is already a thread started on this topic. I
    > searched
    > google groups, but didn't find anything. I would like to know how the 9800
    > Pro compares to 6600GT. Is one any better than the other?

    part 5 is up it has the 6600gt in it. just check the number on a test then
    bring up the old link for part 4 to get a idea how good it is. like lets say
    the farcry test the 6600gt scores 63.1 on the very hight quality test. now
    lets check the 9800pro in the same test in part 4 it scores a 40.2. yoou can
    check them your self. ill give both links. looks like the 6600gt is a realy
    nice card.
    im a ati fan my self. i like the 2d quality ati has but im also a gamer so
    next upgrade i may have to look in to a nvida card

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041222/vga_charts-07.html

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-09.html

    FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    http://mail.giantcompany.com

    "Mangyrat" <gmckean@homexpressway.net> wrote in message
    > part 5 is up it has the 6600gt in it. just check the number on a test then
    > bring up the old link for part 4 to get a idea how good it is. like lets
    say
    > the farcry test the 6600gt scores 63.1 on the very hight quality test. now
    > lets check the 9800pro in the same test in part 4 it scores a 40.2. yoou
    can
    > check them your self. ill give both links. looks like the 6600gt is a
    realy
    > nice card.
    > im a ati fan my self. i like the 2d quality ati has but im also a gamer so
    > next upgrade i may have to look in to a nvida card
    >
    > http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041222/vga_charts-07.html
    >
    > http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-09.html
    > --

    Read the note on the Test Confirguration page of the new PCI-E guide:

    "Note: The test system used for this comparison is markedly faster than the
    one we used in the previous version of the VGA Charts. Faster CPU, memory
    interface, chipset and newer versions of the cards' graphics drivers all
    result in much higher scores. As a result, any performance differences you
    see here compared to the previous (AGP) VGA Charts cannot necessarily be
    attributed to the PCI Express interface alone!"

    VGA guide 5 and guide 4 cannot be used for direct comparisions.

    Greg M.

    > FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    > Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
    > http://mail.giantcompany.com
    >

    > "Charlie Brookhart" <charliebrookhart46@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm not sure if there is already a thread started on this topic. I
    > > searched
    > > google groups, but didn't find anything. I would like to know how the
    9800
    > > Pro compares to 6600GT. Is one any better than the other?

    yea i missed that good point.
    the 9800pro is still a great card fortodays games

    FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    http://mail.giantcompany.com

    "Greg M" <blah@blah.com> wrote in message

    > "Mangyrat" <gmckean@homexpressway.net> wrote in message
    >> part 5 is up it has the 6600gt in it. just check the number on a test
    >> then
    >> bring up the old link for part 4 to get a idea how good it is. like lets
    > say
    >> the farcry test the 6600gt scores 63.1 on the very hight quality test.
    >> now
    >> lets check the 9800pro in the same test in part 4 it scores a 40.2. yoou
    > can
    >> check them your self. ill give both links. looks like the 6600gt is a
    > realy
    >> nice card.
    >> im a ati fan my self. i like the 2d quality ati has but im also a gamer
    >> so
    >> next upgrade i may have to look in to a nvida card
    >>
    >> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041222/vga_charts-07.html
    >>
    >> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-09.html
    >> --
    >
    > Read the note on the Test Confirguration page of the new PCI-E guide:
    >
    > "Note: The test system used for this comparison is markedly faster than
    > the
    > one we used in the previous version of the VGA Charts. Faster CPU, memory
    > interface, chipset and newer versions of the cards' graphics drivers all
    > result in much higher scores. As a result, any performance differences you
    > see here compared to the previous (AGP) VGA Charts cannot necessarily be
    > attributed to the PCI Express interface alone!"
    >
    > VGA guide 5 and guide 4 cannot be used for direct comparisions.
    >
    > Greg M.

    >> FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    >> Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
    >> http://mail.giantcompany.com
    >>

    >> "Charlie Brookhart" <charliebrookhart46@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > I'm not sure if there is already a thread started on this topic. I
    >> > searched
    >> > google groups, but didn't find anything. I would like to know how the
    > 9800
    >> > Pro compares to 6600GT. Is one any better than the other?

    I have a 9800 pro and bought a 6600GT. I sold the GT to my son within 3
    days. I didn't see any improvement. Sure Tom says the numbers are higher but
    I dont see anything. Possibly because I use a 19" TFT.

    > yea i missed that good point.
    > the 9800pro is still a great card fortodays games

    > FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    > Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
    > http://mail.giantcompany.com
    >

    > "Greg M" <blah@blah.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mangyrat" <gmckean@homexpressway.net> wrote in message
    >>> part 5 is up it has the 6600gt in it. just check the number on a test
    >>> then
    >>> bring up the old link for part 4 to get a idea how good it is. like lets
    >> say
    >>> the farcry test the 6600gt scores 63.1 on the very hight quality test.
    >>> now
    >>> lets check the 9800pro in the same test in part 4 it scores a 40.2. yoou
    >> can
    >>> check them your self. ill give both links. looks like the 6600gt is a
    >> realy
    >>> nice card.
    >>> im a ati fan my self. i like the 2d quality ati has but im also a gamer
    >>> so
    >>> next upgrade i may have to look in to a nvida card
    >>>
    >>> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041222/vga_charts-07.html
    >>>
    >>> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-09.html
    >>> --
    >>
    >> Read the note on the Test Confirguration page of the new PCI-E guide:
    >>
    >> "Note: The test system used for this comparison is markedly faster than
    >> the
    >> one we used in the previous version of the VGA Charts. Faster CPU, memory
    >> interface, chipset and newer versions of the cards' graphics drivers all
    >> result in much higher scores. As a result, any performance differences
    >> you
    >> see here compared to the previous (AGP) VGA Charts cannot necessarily be
    >> attributed to the PCI Express interface alone!"
    >>
    >> VGA guide 5 and guide 4 cannot be used for direct comparisions.
    >>
    >> Greg M.

    >>> FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    >>> Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
    >>> http://mail.giantcompany.com
    >>>

    >>> "Charlie Brookhart" <charliebrookhart46@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> 9800

    In article <4220ca57$0$5598$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>, Lester
    Piglet says...
    > I have a 9800 pro and bought a 6600GT. I sold the GT to my son within 3
    > days. I didn't see any improvement. Sure Tom says the numbers are higher but
    > I dont see anything. Possibly because I use a 19" TFT.

    If you've got vsync set then you won't as both cards can have a FPS
    higher than the refresh rate.

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton