9800 aiw pro 128mb agp bios

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

HELP!!

I am having huge problems with my 9800 pro aiw card. When it boots
up, everything is fine until it has to display any color. When it has
to display color, I get all these lines on the screen and the colors
are all screwed up. I suspected hardware failure, but I wanted to try
to fix it. I followed the instructions at:

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3327

to try to re-flash my 9800 bios. Unfortunetly I missed the step about
backing up my bios (I KNOW I KNOW) and now my card is non-functional
all together. My question is.. is there anyone out there with a
All-in-wonder 9800 pro that can connect me with a copy of their bios?
I need to find my original bios so that I can put it back on the
card... :(((

The instructions on how to extract your bios is on that webpage.. I
know its a stretch.. but am hoping someone will be kind enough to help
me out...

Thanks so much!
Rob

In article <c65575c8.0501040628.4b50b0de@posting.google.com>, Rob
says...
> HELP!!
>
> I am having huge problems with my 9800 pro aiw card. When it boots
> up, everything is fine until it has to display any color. When it has
> to display color, I get all these lines on the screen and the colors
> are all screwed up. I suspected hardware failure, but I wanted to try
> to fix it. I followed the instructions at:
>
> http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3327
>
> to try to re-flash my 9800 bios. Unfortunetly I missed the step about
> backing up my bios (I KNOW I KNOW) and now my card is non-functional
> all together. My question is.. is there anyone out there with a
> All-in-wonder 9800 pro that can connect me with a copy of their bios?
> I need to find my original bios so that I can put it back on the
> card... :(((

You've got no chance. Once its dead, its dead.

--
Conor

-- George Patton

Rob wrote:

> HELP!!
>
> I am having huge problems with my 9800 pro aiw card. When it boots
> up, everything is fine until it has to display any color. When it has
> to display color, I get all these lines on the screen and the colors
> are all screwed up. I suspected hardware failure, but I wanted to try
> to fix it. I followed the instructions at:
>
> http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3327
>
> to try to re-flash my 9800 bios. Unfortunetly I missed the step about
> backing up my bios (I KNOW I KNOW) and now my card is non-functional
> all together. My question is.. is there anyone out there with a
> All-in-wonder 9800 pro that can connect me with a copy of their bios?
> I need to find my original bios so that I can put it back on the
> card... :(((
>
> The instructions on how to extract your bios is on that webpage.. I
> know its a stretch.. but am hoping someone will be kind enough to help
> me out...
>
> Thanks so much!
> Rob

maybe give omega a ring, www.omegadrivers.net he used to have a large
selection of stock bios files, tho I dont see any 9800's on his site now.
What were you thinking?? not only did you flash a non flashable card, you
also never made a backup! -duh- There are no suitable bios
flashes/upgrades for a 9800pro AIW.

Gordon

> What were you thinking?? not only did you flash a non flashable card, you
> also never made a backup! -duh- There are no suitable bios
> flashes/upgrades for a 9800pro AIW.

And the procedure he used was for a non-pro card...

--
HomeBrewer

TRENDING THREADS