I have a ATI 9600 card with a DVI output. At present I have a CRT
monitor so I have never used the DVI output. I am getting a 19" LCD
monitor with a DVI input and it comes with a cable also. I am running
Windows XP service pack 2. Is there any thing I need to do to make the
DVI output work or can I just unhook the CRT. And hook the new
monitor to the DVI output and boot the sytem up.

Thank You

shawk

David Wells wrote:
> I have a ATI 9600 card with a DVI output. At present I have a CRT
> monitor so I have never used the DVI output. I am getting a 19" LCD
> monitor with a DVI input and it comes with a cable also. I am running
> Windows XP service pack 2. Is there any thing I need to do to make the
> DVI output work or can I just unhook the CRT. And hook the new
> monitor to the DVI output and boot the sytem up.
>
> Thank You

Just plug it in and boot up. You shouldn't need any drivers (I'm
presuming you have XP). You may have to go into display properties and
choose 'digital flat panel'. Then set the resolution and frequency to
the recommended. Shaun