What can i expect?

Just order the components for my new system, the excitement slowly building,
lol.

I was just wondering what sort of framerates/performance i could expect from
the system running these games at "mid" detail levels

Half life 2
Doom 3
Call of duty
MOH
Halo
etc.

Plus and recommendations for "older" games that would run nicely and half a
big online community eg. Half life CS

The system is
Sempron 2600+
512mb PC3200
9600 pro 256mb@ 333mhz(AGP)
Gigabyte mobo wit 400 fsb

Thanks for all the help, and a special thanks to the advice that i got on my

"Veritech" <jonathan.dalrymple@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just order the components for my new system, the excitement slowly
> building, lol.
>
> I was just wondering what sort of framerates/performance i could expect
> from the system running these games at "mid" detail levels
>
> Half life 2
> Doom 3
> Call of duty
> MOH
> Halo
> etc.
>
> Plus and recommendations for "older" games that would run nicely and half
> a big online community eg. Half life CS
>
> The system is
> Sempron 2600+
> 512mb PC3200
> 9600 pro 256mb@ 333mhz(AGP)
> Gigabyte mobo wit 400 fsb
>
> Thanks for all the help, and a special thanks to the advice that i got on
> my previous posts.

I have the following setup which isn't that different to yours: -

AMD XP2200+ (1.8GHz, 266 DDR FSB)
1Gb PC3200
HIS Excalibur 9600XT
Aopen Nforce2 mobo

Half life 2 - haven't tried this one / not happy with the whole Steam thing
Doom 3 - Cak. You will still need to turn options down to give you a
playable framerate
Call of duty - Brill. You can even go for high detail levels and still get
50+ fps
MOH - Haven't tried it.
Halo - Good. You should be able to play on high detail and get an acceptable
frame rate.

UT2003 - All settings on high, excellent FPS.
Far Cry - Mid settings runs at a good FPS, Playable on high settings.
Quake3A - Sh** off a chrome shovel.

I think that it is safe to say that you will be able to play all games at
mid detail at 1024x768. I would only expect the very latest games to give
you any trouble and all you need to do is drop the detail settings of
resolutiom.

Glennbo