What can i expect?

Just order the components for my new system, the excitement slowly building,
lol.

I was just wondering what sort of framerates/performance i could expect from
the system running these games at "mid" detail levels

Half life 2
Doom 3
Call of duty
MOH
Halo
etc.

Plus and recommendations for "older" games that would run nicely and half a
big online community eg. Half life CS

The system is
Sempron 2600+
512mb PC3200
9600 pro 256mb@ 333mhz(AGP)
Gigabyte mobo wit 400 fsb

Thanks for all the help, and a special thanks to the advice that i got on my
More about what expect

    "Veritech" <jonathan.dalrymple@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Just order the components for my new system, the excitement slowly
    > building, lol.
    >
    > I was just wondering what sort of framerates/performance i could expect
    > from the system running these games at "mid" detail levels
    >
    > Half life 2
    > Doom 3
    > Call of duty
    > MOH
    > Halo
    > etc.
    >
    > Plus and recommendations for "older" games that would run nicely and half
    > a big online community eg. Half life CS
    >
    > The system is
    > Sempron 2600+
    > 512mb PC3200
    > 9600 pro 256mb@ 333mhz(AGP)
    > Gigabyte mobo wit 400 fsb
    >
    > Thanks for all the help, and a special thanks to the advice that i got on
    > my previous posts.

    I have the following setup which isn't that different to yours: -

    AMD XP2200+ (1.8GHz, 266 DDR FSB)
    1Gb PC3200
    HIS Excalibur 9600XT
    Aopen Nforce2 mobo

    Half life 2 - haven't tried this one / not happy with the whole Steam thing
    Doom 3 - Cak. You will still need to turn options down to give you a
    playable framerate
    Call of duty - Brill. You can even go for high detail levels and still get
    50+ fps
    MOH - Haven't tried it.
    Halo - Good. You should be able to play on high detail and get an acceptable
    frame rate.

    UT2003 - All settings on high, excellent FPS.
    Far Cry - Mid settings runs at a good FPS, Playable on high settings.
    Quake3A - Sh** off a chrome shovel.

    I think that it is safe to say that you will be able to play all games at
    mid detail at 1024x768. I would only expect the very latest games to give
    you any trouble and all you need to do is drop the detail settings of
    resolutiom.

    Glennbo

Radeon Graphics