Administrator has disappeared

lew

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

I made some changes to my users/groups settings on my new xp/sp2
installation and now only my personal account appears for log in. I
can't log in as administrator. This is a personal, home machine. Only
connected to another workgroup computer also in the same room.
What to do?

Juan

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

Press ctrl+alt+del simultaneously and qwickly twice...
the Log-in box for account and password will appear.

Regards.

Juan wrote:

> Press ctrl+alt+del simultaneously and qwickly twice...
> the Log-in box for account and password will appear.
Hi,

And you might need to to this while booted into Safe Mode...

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

lew

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Ok, got logged on as Admin. How can I make sure all available accounts
appear on the logon screen when I start up. I'd settle for the old log
on dialog as well.

Lew wrote:

> Ok, got logged on as Admin. How can I make sure all available
> accounts appear on the logon screen when I start up. I'd settle
> for the old log on dialog as well.
Hi,

Open the Control Panel and then "User Accounts", Select "Change the
Way Users Log On and Off". If "Use the Welcome Screen" is unchecked,
enable it.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: