X800pro?

I heard this card will be coming down in price once the X800XL comes out at
300.00. Will this drop the price of the X800pro's? This is the highest card
that my rig can handle at the moment and I want one and heard they will be
around 200.00 in a couple months. Is this true?

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:37:42 -0800, "John Smith"
<someone@microsoft.com> wrote:

>I heard this card will be coming down in price once the X800XL comes out at
>300.00. Will this drop the price of the X800pro's? This is the highest card
>that my rig can handle at the moment and I want one and heard they will be
>around 200.00 in a couple months. Is this true?

That sure would piss me off since I just bought a $400 X800 PRO about
month and half ago! But I guess you're right.. its bound to come down
some to make room for the new ones. Sigh...

Pluvious

Maybe, maybe not. Production on the X800Pro could just cease and the cards
gradually disappear off the market...

That, or maybe it'll stay expensive, since the X800XL is PCIe-only.

"John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I heard this card will be coming down in price once the X800XL comes out
at
> 300.00. Will this drop the price of the X800pro's? This is the highest
card
> that my rig can handle at the moment and I want one and heard they will be
> around 200.00 in a couple months. Is this true?

Glitch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

First of One wrote:
> since the X800XL is PCIe-only.

Only for another month or so.After that there will be an AGP version.

This is good news. :)