Does Steam ever reply to there help requests???????

Tags:
  • Steam
  • Virus
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 28, 2005 2:41:15 PM

I can't login in to steam now. Says my user name or password is invalid.
Just recently removed a trojan horse virus from one of the machines on my
network (one that had steam loaded) kind of wondering if my account got
hi-jacked. My other machine that has Steam did not have this virus and has
the same login issue. Its been 5 days since I requested help from them. And
yes I own 2 legitimate copies, half life platinum pack and half life 2. I
can't even post questions in the half life forums because my membership is
waiting for "moderator approval".
I'm Pissed!

More about : steam reply requests

January 28, 2005 10:45:28 PM

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:41:15 -0800, "DCP" <netnews@comcast.net> wrote:

>I can't login in to steam now. Says my user name or password is invalid.

Have you tried going through the password change procedure?
January 29, 2005 10:52:33 PM

Suddenly, DCP sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
> Its been 5 days since I requested help from them. A

I had 2 responses from them after a few days. The first was the generic
"we had lots of problems sorry", then one from a human saying they
acknowledged my suggestions for making Steam less annoying.

Not bad, IMHO.

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and