Security Center Exception error

a b 8 Security
May 24, 2005 1:46:02 AM

I recieve the following error when trying to run the security center:

An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscui.cpl,"

Any help to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Chump
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 27, 2005 1:22:19 PM

Hi Chump,
did you do any troubleshooting ? (Does it work in safe mode ? Do you have
any 3rd party firewalls ? Which Antivirus program do you have installed ?)
Try re-installing Service Pack 2.
You can download full version from:

or from

http://tinyurl.com/6ubys

For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
--
Best Regards,
Matija Hrovat

"chump" <chump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recieve the following error when trying to run the security center:
>
> An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL
> "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscui.cpl,"
>
> Any help to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> Chump
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 27, 2005 1:22:20 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried a few troubleshooting things, but i
haven't tried safe mode. I don't have a 3rd party firewall installed.

McAfee is installed for the antivirus.

I tried reinstalling the service pack 2, but not from the location mentioned
below. I will give that a try to see what happens.

thanks,
Chump