Security Center Exception error

I recieve the following error when trying to run the security center:

An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscui.cpl,"

Any help to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Chump
2 answers Last reply
More about security center exception error

    Hi Chump,
    did you do any troubleshooting ? (Does it work in safe mode ? Do you have
    any 3rd party firewalls ? Which Antivirus program do you have installed ?)
    Try re-installing Service Pack 2.
    You can download full version from:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

    or from

    http://tinyurl.com/6ubys

    For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
    --
    Best Regards,
    Matija Hrovat

    "chump" <chump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recieve the following error when trying to run the security center:
    >
    > An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL
    > "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscui.cpl,"
    >
    > Any help to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > thanks,
    > Chump

    Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried a few troubleshooting things, but i
    haven't tried safe mode. I don't have a 3rd party firewall installed.

    McAfee is installed for the antivirus.

    I tried reinstalling the service pack 2, but not from the location mentioned
    below. I will give that a try to see what happens.

    thanks,
    Chump

    "Matija Hrovat" wrote:

    > Hi Chump,
    > did you do any troubleshooting ? (Does it work in safe mode ? Do you have
    > any 3rd party firewalls ? Which Antivirus program do you have installed ?)
    > Try re-installing Service Pack 2.
    > You can download full version from:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en
    >
    > or from
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/6ubys

    > For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
    > --
    > Best Regards,
    > Matija Hrovat
    >

    > "chump" <chump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I recieve the following error when trying to run the security center:
    > >
    > > An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL
    > > "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscui.cpl,"
    > >
    > > Any help to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > > thanks,
    > > Chump

Security System32 Microsoft Windows XP