X800XT PE vs. X800XT PE (OEM)?

Call and confirm the clock speeds before ordering.

It's is only $49 out of $579. The 8% difference could simply reflect a
similar difference in the vendor's cost.

http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/product.asp?pid=9122&sid=F7JDJN34539T8KPXLRCFR4J8UMJXFWVF

http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/product.asp?pid=9121&sid=F7JDJN34539T8KPXLRCFR4J8UMJXFWVF
> thanks!

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

donawalt@gmail.com wrote:
> What's the difference between the retail and oem version? Here are
> links to Allstarshop.com, I look at what you get, specs, etc. and they
> seem identical. Yet OEM is $49 cheaper.

Usually retail has a box with more CD's (hehe) and more warranty.

Thomas

Thanks for the replies.

So I checked the site, the clock speeds are identical, the warranties the
same, and the contents "in the box" are identical. So it's just a packaging
(box) thing?

"Thomas" <thomas_@lycos.nl> wrote in message
> donawalt@gmail.com wrote:
>> What's the difference between the retail and oem version? Here are
>> links to Allstarshop.com, I look at what you get, specs, etc. and they
>> seem identical. Yet OEM is $49 cheaper.
>
> Usually retail has a box with more CD's (hehe) and more warranty.
>
> Thomas

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

The warranty on OEM items is from the shop you buy it at. The warranty on
retail products is from the manufacturer. So the warranty on OEM is only as
good as the place you buy it.