sharing settings

May 24, 2005 2:26:00 PM

Hi,
We have a small office network with WinXPpro workstations and a win2003
server running since a couple of days Exchange server. How do I log on to
the domain as a domain user but having the same settings available then in
my regular workstation logon? I've customized my PC quite a bit and now when
I logon to the domain I have much of it missing and I don't want to set up
everything again.
I sign on to both (PC and Domain) as a member of the admin group, if that
helps any.

Thank you
Barbara

More about : sharing settings

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 6:18:37 PM

Hi Barbara,
you could copy your profile;

Log in as a third user (not domain user and not your old workstation user)

Open Control Panel
Go to System (if you don't see System, Go to Performance and Maintenance and
then System)
Go to Advanced tab
Click Settings in User Profiles section
Click your old profile and click Copy to
Click Browse
Expand the disk where you have your Windows installed (usually c:)
Expand Documents and Settings
Click your new (domain) profile
Click OK

That will copy most of the things you had in your old profile. The only
problem is if you had some custom programs that were set just for the old
profile.
It would be helpful if you can name some of the things you want to copy.

Hope this helps and feel free to contact me if I misunderstood you in anyway
or if you have any additional questions.

For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
--
Best Regards,
Matija Hrovat

!