How to selectively allow access to a workstation

Hello,

We have a Windows 2000 pro workstation that is part of a Windows 2000
Server network domain. Nobody on the network is allowed to see
anything in this workstation (not shared).

Now the owner of the workstation has purchased a Windows XP Pro laptop.
The laptop has been added to the network, but it is also not shared.

However, this person would like his laptop and his workstation to be
able to communicate with each other, while still keeping both of these
computers totally un-shared with the rest of the network.

Could somebody point me in the right direction on this? I'm not a
Windows guru. Would it be possible to set the ACL's on both computers'
C-drives to only allow access to the other?

Thanks

Hi,
if I understood you OK, both computers (Win2000 and the new laptop) aren't a
part of the domain ?
If so, create users on both computers that have identical passwords;
If you log on to Win2k with User1 and you log on to Xp laptop with User2,
create User2 on his Win2k and create User1 on his Xp laptop.

NOTE:____________________________________________
if you have blank passwords, take a look at the following article:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/45acdbfd-7d8e-4b70-b332-97f9e2d975e1.mspx
or
http://tinyurl.com/cdenq

Disable simple file sharing on WinXp
(http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307874)
and set the permissions and security (Explained in the article mentioned
above )

If I misunderstood you or I wasn't clear please feel free to contact me.

For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
--
Best Regards,
Matija Hrovat