Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

TV sound issues (okay, let's try this again...)

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • TV
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 6:13:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

AIW9800Pro, Catalyst 4.12 and MMC9.03, on AMD64 SIS755/964, XP SP2, 768MB,
Videologic Sonicfury or onboard AC97.

Each time I change channels on the TV app there's an irritating buzz.
Sometimes it goes away and normal sound returns, sometimes it does not go
away, sometimes all sound is lost. Whether I use the on-board AC97 sound or
the Videologic makes no difference. Whether I use an internal connection to
AUX or an external connection to line-in makes no difference.

Oh, DX9.0c, UK PAL tuner, connected to NTL cable.

(Incidentally, is there a way to force a real re-install of DX9.0c rather
than for it to just say "yep, looks like everything is okay" and not
actually do anything?)

Does anyone in the UK have Windoze Media Encoder 9 installed and still have
a working tuner?

--

/mel/

np: Orbital - Remind

More about : sound issues

January 8, 2005 8:24:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

/mel/ wrote:
> AIW9800Pro, Catalyst 4.12 and MMC9.03, on AMD64 SIS755/964, XP SP2, 768MB,
> Videologic Sonicfury or onboard AC97.
>
> Each time I change channels on the TV app there's an irritating buzz.
> Sometimes it goes away and normal sound returns, sometimes it does not go
> away, sometimes all sound is lost. Whether I use the on-board AC97 sound or
> the Videologic makes no difference. Whether I use an internal connection to
> AUX or an external connection to line-in makes no difference.

Yip, same here, well almost....a horrid buzzing noise when changing
channels, but it goes away after 1sec or so.
No other problems..on my 9800...AIW
But I'm using the Omega 4.12 drivers, although it was the same on the
catalyst ones.

>
> Oh, DX9.0c, UK PAL tuner, connected to NTL cable.
>
> (Incidentally, is there a way to force a real re-install of DX9.0c rather
> than for it to just say "yep, looks like everything is okay" and not
> actually do anything?)
>
> Does anyone in the UK have Windoze Media Encoder 9 installed and still have
> a working tuner?
>
Yip !

--
Jez
'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn


NFS Underground2, Americas Army And MOH-PA
yahoo ID: hellward2004
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 9:15:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Jez wrote:
> /mel/ wrote:
>> AIW9800Pro, Catalyst 4.12 and MMC9.03, on AMD64 SIS755/964, XP SP2,
>> 768MB, Videologic Sonicfury or onboard AC97.
>>
>> Each time I change channels on the TV app there's an irritating buzz.
>> Sometimes it goes away and normal sound returns, sometimes it does
>> not go away, sometimes all sound is lost. Whether I use the on-board
>> AC97 sound or the Videologic makes no difference. Whether I use an
>> internal connection to AUX or an external connection to line-in
>> makes no difference.
>
> Yip, same here, well almost....a horrid buzzing noise when changing
> channels, but it goes away after 1sec or so.
> No other problems..on my 9800...AIW
> But I'm using the Omega 4.12 drivers, although it was the same on the
> catalyst ones.

I'm going to try installing some older WDM drivers...

>> Oh, DX9.0c, UK PAL tuner, connected to NTL cable.
>>
>> (Incidentally, is there a way to force a real re-install of DX9.0c
>> rather than for it to just say "yep, looks like everything is okay"
>> and not actually do anything?)
>>
>> Does anyone in the UK have Windoze Media Encoder 9 installed and
>> still have a working tuner?
>>
> Yip !

Really? *Encoder*, not player? Hmmm. I shall investigate further.

--

/mel/
January 8, 2005 10:57:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

/mel/ wrote:
> Jez wrote:
>
>>/mel/ wrote:
>>
>>>AIW9800Pro, Catalyst 4.12 and MMC9.03, on AMD64 SIS755/964, XP SP2,
>>>768MB, Videologic Sonicfury or onboard AC97.
>>>
>>>Each time I change channels on the TV app there's an irritating buzz.
>>>Sometimes it goes away and normal sound returns, sometimes it does
>>>not go away, sometimes all sound is lost. Whether I use the on-board
>>>AC97 sound or the Videologic makes no difference. Whether I use an
>>>internal connection to AUX or an external connection to line-in
>>>makes no difference.
>>
>>Yip, same here, well almost....a horrid buzzing noise when changing
>>channels, but it goes away after 1sec or so.
>>No other problems..on my 9800...AIW
>>But I'm using the Omega 4.12 drivers, although it was the same on the
>>catalyst ones.
>
>
> I'm going to try installing some older WDM drivers...
>
>
>>>Oh, DX9.0c, UK PAL tuner, connected to NTL cable.
>>>
>>>(Incidentally, is there a way to force a real re-install of DX9.0c
>>>rather than for it to just say "yep, looks like everything is okay"
>>>and not actually do anything?)
>>>
>>>Does anyone in the UK have Windoze Media Encoder 9 installed and
>>>still have a working tuner?
>>>
>>
>>Yip !
>
>
> Really? *Encoder*, not player? Hmmm. I shall investigate further.
>
Yeah....not that I use it much, only for encoding to WMA, but it doesn't
effect my ATI TV prog at all.

--
Jez
'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn


NFS Underground2, Americas Army And MOH-PA
yahoo ID: hellward2004
!