9600 2 monitors, 2 resolutions

randall

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2002

HOW!

Display 1 - 800x600 works
Display 2 - LCD 1024x768 that is the "right-half" of the entire
display.

I want the same thing on both screens, (not spread across the two) one
at 800x600, one at 1024x768.

I assume this is NOT possible - even though there 2 VGA connectors on
the 9600 AIW?

Randall wrote:

> HOW!
>
> Display 1 - 800x600 works
> Display 2 - LCD 1024x768 that is the "right-half" of the entire
> display.
>
> I want the same thing on both screens, (not spread across the two) one
> at 800x600, one at 1024x768.
>
> I assume this is NOT possible - even though there 2 VGA connectors on
> the 9600 AIW?

In display properties settings tab, select from the drop down, your 1st
set of drivers and then choose advanced|monitors setting up resolution as
you like, then apply, go back to the settings tab and select the next set
from the drop down and repeat the procedure.
hth
Gordon

Randall wrote:

> HOW!
>
> Display 1 - 800x600 works
> Display 2 - LCD 1024x768 that is the "right-half" of the entire
> display.
>
> I want the same thing on both screens, (not spread across the two) one
> at 800x600, one at 1024x768.
>
> I assume this is NOT possible - even though there 2 VGA connectors on
> the 9600 AIW?

in the ATI Display Properties menu do NOT select
"Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" for
the #2 display.

Go to "Advanced" then "Displays"...enable the 2nd monitor
and then click on tfhe "Monitor" bar for that device.
In the Monitor Properties" window that opens you can set
the refresh rate and resolution for that monitor independant
of your primary monitor.

The 2nd monitor will now be a copy of the primary EXCEPT
the TV window will NOT display a picture...it will be black.
ATI doesn't seem to have a grasp on extending the TV display
beyond the primary monitor :(

I've not found the ATI 2nd display modes to be very usefull
as I often wind up in a hard lockup or have to reboot to
get OUT of a particular configuration. I gave up trying to use
the 2nd monitor, as an extension, in FS9 for various panels
and gauges as it always seem to PORK things when I tried to
revert back to normal 1 monitor operation. YMMV.

Paul

Gypsy Baron wrote:

> Randall wrote:
>>
>> HOW!
>>
>> Display 1 - 800x600 works
>> Display 2 - LCD 1024x768 that is the "right-half" of the entire
>> display.
>>
>> I want the same thing on both screens, (not spread across the two) one
>> at 800x600, one at 1024x768.
>>
>> I assume this is NOT possible - even though there 2 VGA connectors on
>> the 9600 AIW?
>
> in the ATI Display Properties menu do NOT select
> "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" for
> the #2 display.
>
> Go to "Advanced" then "Displays"...enable the 2nd monitor
> and then click on tfhe "Monitor" bar for that device.
> In the Monitor Properties" window that opens you can set
> the refresh rate and resolution for that monitor independant
> of your primary monitor.
>
> The 2nd monitor will now be a copy of the primary EXCEPT
> the TV window will NOT display a picture...it will be black.
> ATI doesn't seem to have a grasp on extending the TV display
> beyond the primary monitor :(

Of course they do--go into the overlay settings and set "same on both".

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

randall

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2002

>Randall wrote:
>>
>> HOW!
>>
>> Display 1 - 800x600 works
>> Display 2 - LCD 1024x768 that is the "right-half" of the entire
>> display.
>>
>> I want the same thing on both screens, (not spread across the two) one
>> at 800x600, one at 1024x768.
>>
>> I assume this is NOT possible - even though there 2 VGA connectors on
>> the 9600 AIW?
>
>In display properties settings tab, select from the drop down, your 1st
>set of drivers and then choose advanced|monitors setting up resolution as
>you like, then apply, go back to the settings tab and select the next set
>from the drop down and repeat the procedure.
>hth
>Gordon

Thanks Grodon, that is all set up, I just can not get the BLOODY THING
NOT to spread across the 2 monitors.