Security Unwanted

a b D Laptop
a b 8 Security
May 25, 2005 12:00:58 PM

hi there,

cud some1 pls help me out with getting rid of the user account
selection screen completely...This appears everytime the laptop goes
into standby and i bring it back on...

see, i am the only person using this laptop...

lk fwd...

thx!

--
InclininWirefreePosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

More about : security unwanted

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b 8 Security
May 25, 2005 12:44:02 PM

Control Panel, Power Options, Uncheck Prompt for password when computer resumes from Standby.

Also, right click the Desktop, select Properties, Screen Saver and uncheck On Resume, password protect or On resume, show Welcome Screen as appropriate.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"InclininWirefree" <InclininWirefree.1pkstm@> wrote in message news:ftednWmCqahnuQnfRVn_vA@giganews.com...

> hi there,
>
> cud some1 pls help me out with getting rid of the user account
> selection screen completely...This appears everytime the laptop goes
> into standby and i bring it back on...
>
> see, i am the only person using this laptop...
>
> lk fwd...
>
> thx!
>

> --
> InclininWirefreePosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access