Hyper terminal

April 28, 2004 10:51:12 PM

Can anyone please help me, I am looking for software similar to
hyperherminal for my xdaII running windows mobile 2003.Anyone know where
i can download or purchase? Thanks in advance Peter
peter.jump@blueyonder.co.uk

More about : hyper terminal

Anonymous
April 28, 2004 10:51:13 PM

If you need a good telnet and terminal program you should give vxhpc a try.
http://cam.com/vxhpc.html i've been using it for a while now and it has
worked great for me.

rights...

<user@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> Can anyone please help me, I am looking for software similar to
> hyperherminal for my xdaII running windows mobile 2003.Anyone know where i
> can download or purchase? Thanks in advance Peter
> peter.jump@blueyonder.co.uk

Anonymous
April 28, 2004 11:04:21 PM

I'll second that!!!

Jim

"Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices]" <e_dadu@nomospam.yahoo.com> wrote
in message news:#J0qSLXLEHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> If you need a good telnet and terminal program you should give vxhpc a
try.
> http://cam.com/vxhpc.html i've been using it for a while now and it has
> worked great for me.
>
> --
> Eric Hicks [That_Kid] (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)

> rights...
>

> <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> > Can anyone please help me, I am looking for software similar to
> > hyperherminal for my xdaII running windows mobile 2003.Anyone know where
> > can download or purchase? Thanks in advance Peter
> > peter.jump@blueyonder.co.uk

April 29, 2004 3:53:50 AM

If you don't need anything fancy (i.e., VT100 emulation, XMODEM file
transfer, etc.), you can go into Start/Settings/Connections and add a
new connection, telling it that you want to bring up a terminal window
before dialing.

I used this once when I needed to do a quick log in to a system &
didn't have a dumb terminal.

:)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:51:12 +0100, user@domain.invalid wrote:

>Can anyone please help me, I am looking for software similar to
>hyperherminal for my xdaII running windows mobile 2003.Anyone know where
>i can download or purchase? Thanks in advance Peter
>peter.jump@blueyonder.co.uk

April 30, 2004 8:48:31 PM

Thanks for the info, but i still can't get this thing set up,please
help, i have tried to set it up as a new connection, but i need to enter
a password and username the only problem is the system i am trying to
dial into doesn't have a user name and password, it is a standalone bms
controller connected to a modem, I can set it up at home with
hyperterminal no problem, Thanks in advance peter.

Jim Hughes wrote:
> If you don't need anything fancy (i.e., VT100 emulation, XMODEM file
> transfer, etc.), you can go into Start/Settings/Connections and add a
> new connection, telling it that you want to bring up a terminal window
> before dialing.
>
> I used this once when I needed to do a quick log in to a system &
> didn't have a dumb terminal.
>
> :)
>
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:51:12 +0100, user@domain.invalid wrote:
>

>>Can anyone please help me, I am looking for software similar to
>>hyperherminal for my xdaII running windows mobile 2003.Anyone know where
>>i can download or purchase? Thanks in advance Peter
>>peter.jump@blueyonder.co.uk

Anonymous
May 1, 2004 1:46:19 AM

1) Go to Start/Settings/Connections
2) Tap on Connections, wait a couple of seconds, then select Add a new
modem/connection when the menu comes up
3) Give it a name, & leave Hayes Compatible on COM1: for modem, then
tap Next
4) Just put in 5555555 for phone number and tap next
5) Leave Username, Password, and Domain blank. Select the Advanced
tap, and then the port settings tab. Check all 3 boxes (use terminal
before, after, and enter dialing commands manually.
6) Tap Finish
7) Tap Manage existing connections
8) Tap and hold the connection you just created, and then select
Connect
9) Leave Username, Password, and Domain blank and tap connect

A terminal window should now come up that you can use to connect to
your system (if you've built or purchased a cable that works). :)

!