AIW 9600 and macrovision

I just purchased the AIW 9600 to make backups of home videos and
commercial VHS movies that I legally own. I just discovered
macrovision as well!

I'm running this on WinXP SP2 with the driver version 6.14.10.6414.
I've tried all of the hacks I can find to disable macrovision, with no
success. Does anyone know of a way to do this, or somewhere to
download an older driver that will work with the one of the hacks?

I tried the hack where your delete or rename atinmdxx.sys, and I
ensured I had system restore disabled, but it appears that something in
the ATI software replaces that file automatically, because it keeps
coming back (and system restore is definitely disabled).
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I deleted or renamed every instance of that file, yet, it comes
back.

Anyone have any ideas? Does anyone that has purchased this card
recently have one of the hacks working?

On 11 Jan 2005 02:58:12 -0800 Wayne said :

>Yes, I deleted or renamed every instance of that file, yet, it comes
>back.

I wonder if there are any kinds of library/cab files that it re-extracts
the file and restores it ?

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

On 11 Jan 2005 02:59:17 -0800 Wayne said :

>Anyone have any ideas? Does anyone that has purchased this card
>recently have one of the hacks working?

Have you thought about a extra box to remove the macrovision
just in case this is a tough cookie to bust up ?

--

On 10 Jan 2005 13:33:27 -0800 Dan Lewis said :

>I just purchased the AIW 9600 to make backups of home videos and
>commercial VHS movies that I legally own. I just discovered
>macrovision as well!
>
>I tried the hack where your delete or rename atinmdxx.sys, and I

I seem to have two copies.

C:\WINNT\system32\drives
C:\WINNT\Temp

I am running Windows 2000 Pro

I will try getting rid of mine and see what happens over here.

I will get back to you and tell you what happened.

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

On 11 Jan 2005 02:59:17 -0800 Wayne said :

>Anyone have any ideas? Does anyone that has purchased this card
>recently have one of the hacks working?

Hello again,

In Windows 2000 Pro I backed up the file before removing it from
those two directories I mention int he other message on this topic.

The TV still loads up.

Since my VCR is in the repair shop I cant test the macrovision.

I did do another search and this time the Find Files did not locate
the file in those two directories.

I then thought of a question for you.

In your version of Windows. Do you have the viewing of ALL files
enabled so that no hidden, system etc files are being prevented on
your display?

Some people do not reconfigure that in windows.

Geneve

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

I'm considering getting the Sima CT-2. Does anyone have experience
with this? Is it good at removing macrovision? Any drawbacks? What's
the cheapest price for it online (I see it at amazon for $74.00)?
Thanks