Security Center

a b 8 Security
May 25, 2005 10:20:08 AM

Desktop hardwired to router/cable modem. Have an internet connection, but
browser won't connect. (IE or Firefox) In Control Panel->Security Center It
shows Firewall to be on, but under Manage Security setting->Windows Firewall,
it is turned off. On my laptop, it's just the opposite (shows off but turned
on - laptop is on wireless and can connect). What else can I look for to get
browsers connected. Don't have zone alarm or similar programs. Did have
Norton, but got a different program, so think I've got Norton Internet
security off. Although, as usual, had trouble getting it uninstalled.

More about : security center

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 25, 2005 1:24:01 PM

I've been experiencing a similar problem lately and the only way to reconnect
my DSL to IE is to do a system restore to this past Monday. Also, even
though the default setting is Always Enabled, my Norton Antivirus keeps
coming back as disabled when I restart my desktop.

I need to document the problem better when I get home as I can't recall the
details right now.
--
brentromero

!