Radeon 9600 Pro with 2 monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b C Monitor
January 11, 2005 9:46:42 PM

I will shortly be taking delivery of a second LG 17in TFT and I was
wondering whether I need to install the ATI HydraVision software, or do the
newer Catalyst (I'm running the latest) drivers cater for dual monitors and
HydraVision is effectively superseded??

TIA
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 12, 2005 12:41:16 AM

Piers James wrote:
> I will shortly be taking delivery of a second LG 17in TFT and I was
> wondering whether I need to install the ATI HydraVision software, or do the
> newer Catalyst (I'm running the latest) drivers cater for dual monitors and
> HydraVision is effectively superseded??

The catalyst drivers are indeed sufficient to run with two
monitors (I do that myself) but Hydravision adds some extra
goodies - multiple desktops, text-effects etc. I have no use
for it now since it is mostly bloating :D  The catalyst will
take care of both cloning, selecting, resizing etc.

regards

--
| lars gjerløw jørgensen | e-mail: remove dots |
| N55 43.184 E12 32.405 | www.lgj.dk | oz2lgj |

thanks. just the info I needed.

!