Radeon 9600 Pro with 2 monitors

I will shortly be taking delivery of a second LG 17in TFT and I was
wondering whether I need to install the ATI HydraVision software, or do the
newer Catalyst (I'm running the latest) drivers cater for dual monitors and
HydraVision is effectively superseded??

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about radeon 9600 monitors

    Piers James wrote:
    > I will shortly be taking delivery of a second LG 17in TFT and I was
    > wondering whether I need to install the ATI HydraVision software, or do the
    > newer Catalyst (I'm running the latest) drivers cater for dual monitors and
    > HydraVision is effectively superseded??

    The catalyst drivers are indeed sufficient to run with two
    monitors (I do that myself) but Hydravision adds some extra
    goodies - multiple desktops, text-effects etc. I have no use
    for it now since it is mostly bloating :D The catalyst will
    take care of both cloning, selecting, resizing etc.

    regards

    --
    | lars gjerløw jørgensen | e-mail: remove dots |
    | N55 43.184 E12 32.405 | www.lgj.dk | oz2lgj |

    thanks. just the info I needed.

    "Lars Gjerløw Jørgensen" <dotlars.g.j@mail.dk> wrote in message
    > Piers James wrote:
    >> I will shortly be taking delivery of a second LG 17in TFT and I was
    >> wondering whether I need to install the ATI HydraVision software, or do
    >> the newer Catalyst (I'm running the latest) drivers cater for dual
    >> monitors and HydraVision is effectively superseded??
    >
    > The catalyst drivers are indeed sufficient to run with two
    > monitors (I do that myself) but Hydravision adds some extra
    > goodies - multiple desktops, text-effects etc. I have no use
    > for it now since it is mostly bloating :D The catalyst will
    > take care of both cloning, selecting, resizing etc.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > --
    > | lars gjerløw jørgensen | e-mail: remove dots |
    > | N55 43.184 E12 32.405 | www.lgj.dk | oz2lgj |
    > "Blinky Watts is not blind. He suffers from Bozeman's
    > Simplex. He actually sees 25.62 times as much as we do."

Radeon Monitors ATI Graphics