Untraceble email back to my computer/identity ?

Archived from groups: alt.2600,comp.dcom.vpn,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,alt.computer.security,comp.mail.misc (More info?)

Hello

I live in a non-US country and would like to report something illegal
via email, however I am fearful of the email being traced back to me
somehow.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to do this?

I was planning on the below, from an internet cafe or hotel business
center or library:

1. Configuring web browser to connect via proxy in another country
2. Use web-based Type-II remailer such as RIOT or PARONIA to send
email. Links below

https://riot.eu.org/anon/remailer.html.en

https://mixmaster.autistici.org/cgi-bin/mixemail-user.cgi

is this a good plan? I do NOT have access to my own computer, allowing
me to run Quicksilver or Jack B Nymble.

Another idea is use Anonymizer (paid for with cash) and launch HushMail
while Anonymizer is active, and send the email. This can be done while
connected to a proxy server located in another country, altho this may
or may not be necessary for anonyminity.

comments, thoughts?

Thank You

Archived from groups: alt.2600,comp.dcom.vpn,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,alt.computer.security,comp.mail.misc (More info?)

On 25 May 2005 13:01:01 -0700, someone posing as internet@spamhole.com
donned fireproof bloomers and chiseled in the wall:

> Hello
>
> I live in a non-US country and would like to report something illegal
> via email, however I am fearful of the email being traced back to me
> somehow.
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation on how to do this?

Use Hotmail.

--
kai - theperfectreign@yahoo.com - www.perfectreign.com

kai:/> format a:
Error: The DOS concept of formatting disk media is screwed.
To format a floppy, use "fdformat /dev/fd0"
and then "mkfs.minix /dev/fd0".

On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:35:23 GMT, Alan Connor <zzzzzz@xxx.yyy> wrote:

> Trolls, not having any brains, are always looking for ways
> to post to various servers anonymously.

I can't think of any better example of a troll post. You've illustrated
your point very well.

NetworkElf: Super Genius, Computer Guy, Harley Owner!
Blindly serving the covert purposes of the criminal-minded
maniac behind Spews since 2003. Certified since 2005.

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.vpn,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,alt.computer.security,comp.mail.misc,alt.2600 (More info?)

Alan Connor wrote:
> On comp.mail.misc, in
> <1117051261.763001.195860@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> "internet@spamhole.com" wrote:
>

>>Hello
>>
>>I live in a non-US country
>

> Sure you do. And you are stupid enough to expect us to
> believe a word you say after going on (snipped part below)
> about using proxies and anonymous remailers, which you
> are obviously very familiar with.
>

>>and would like to report something
>>illegal via email, however I am fearful of the email being
>>traced back to me somehow.
>

> Right.
>
> If you want to report something illegal anonymously, use
> snail mail.
>
> That's what people with brains do.

Not if they know they are a suspect and know anything about modern
forensic document analysis. If you are sure you are not being followed
and can get access to a computer then I would suggest that you would be
safer using email than post if you wanted to be a whistleblower.

> Trolls, not having any brains, are always looking for ways
> to post to various servers anonymously.
>
> They don't realize that the only reason that no one has
> tracked them down (or rather, bothered to do anything
> with that information) is that no one has any reason
> to do so: Trolls don't DO anything but run their
> ignorant mouths on the Internet.

Yes they do, they live under bridges......

> No one is going to take information that comes via
> an 'anonymous' email seriously. Unlike trolls, most
> people have functioning minds.

Actually, I'd tend to disagree with that. It's like saying that nobdy
takes what comes in an unsigned note seriously and law enforcement
organizations do that all the time.