Steam - No Problems, not one.

Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have no
problems with it are you?'

So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
whole thing, even the ending!

And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.

But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.

Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.

Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a right old
headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame Steam for that.

--
Cheers

Kev
XBL GT- bigbaldkev
11 answers Last reply
More about steam problems

    Same here.
    And I just finished the game on a computer that does'nt even meet minimum
    spec to run the game. :)
    My phone co. just uncapped my DSL speed a bit, so I plan to soon see how
    single and multiplayer look on a real machine.

    Lefty

    "bigbaldkev" <bigbaldSPAMTRAPkev@btopenworld.com> wrote
    > Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have
    no
    > problems with it are you?'
    >
    > Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:41:40 +0000 (UTC), "bigbaldkev"
    <bigbaldSPAMTRAPkev@btopenworld.com> wrote:

    >Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have no
    >problems with it are you?'

    Ditto.

    I was playing the game within 10 minutes of it being released. I just
    leave Steam on (broadband) and let it do it's thing. My only problem
    is remembering to restart it once in awhile to get the updates.

    Erik

    bigbaldkev wrote:
    > Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have no
    > problems with it are you?'
    >
    > So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
    > and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
    > whole thing, even the ending!
    >
    > And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
    >
    > But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
    >
    > Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.
    >
    > Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a right old
    > headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame Steam for that.

    Yeah,
    I've also had no problems, installing, validating and playing Steam, HL2
    or CSS. Loved the whole of HL2, I'm about to play it though for about
    the 10th time :). My only problem is the fact friends is quite often
    down, but even that seems to have improved.

    "bigbaldkev" <bigbaldSPAMTRAPkev@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have
    no
    > problems with it are you?'
    >
    > So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
    > and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
    > whole thing, even the ending!
    >
    > And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
    >
    > But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
    >
    > Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.
    >
    > Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a right old
    > headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame Steam for that.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    >
    > Kev
    > XBL GT- bigbaldkev

    Installed hassle-free for me and plays just great. Took a wee while to get
    up and running via steam and into my first game, but was fine. Tried playing
    deathmatch for the first time about 2 weeks ago, and all the game just
    appeared to freeze. Apparently it's because there are no active servers
    anymore because the demo version of it was temporary. I'm playing through
    for second time, and finding new things that I'd missed before. Finding it a
    bit easy second time around though. (Gunships were tough first time. Now
    that I've got the hang of the targetting system for the rocket launcher they
    are cannon fodder). Overall am delighted with my Half-Life 2 and Steam
    experience. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played, and a great
    step forward in FPS gaming.

    bigbaldkev wrote:
    > Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have no
    > problems with it are you?'
    >
    > So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
    > and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
    > whole thing, even the ending!
    >
    > And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
    >
    > But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
    >
    > Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.
    >
    > Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a right old
    > headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame Steam for that.

    Yup, same here, total and utter plain sailing for me and both of my
    friends who bought the game. I hardly even notice Steam is there.

    > Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have
    > no problems with it are you?'

    No trouble here.
    Fine product.

    "RichGuk" <stuffSTFUSPAMMERGHEYS@pcfusion.co.uk> wrote in message
    > bigbaldkev wrote:
    >> Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who
    >> have no problems with it are you?'
    >>
    >> So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems
    >> installing and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very
    >> happy with the whole thing, even the ending!
    >>
    >> And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
    >>
    >> But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
    >>
    >> Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.
    >>
    >> Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a
    >> right old headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame
    >> Steam for that.
    > Yeah,
    > I've also had no problems, installing, validating and playing Steam,
    > HL2 or CSS. Loved the whole of HL2, I'm about to play it though for
    > about the 10th time :). My only problem is the fact friends is quite
    > often down, but even that seems to have improved.

    That's the only glitch I'm seeing personally. Friends doesn't work at
    all. Hm.
    Maybe I should try to validate that one....wonder what the code is for
    it?
    McG.

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:41:40 +0000 (UTC), "bigbaldkev"
    <bigbaldSPAMTRAPkev@btopenworld.com> wrote:

    >Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have no
    >problems with it are you?'
    >
    >So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
    >and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
    >whole thing, even the ending!
    >
    >And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
    >
    >But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
    >
    >Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.
    >
    >Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a right old
    >headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame Steam for that.

    I have 2 steam accounts on 2 machines in my house, and nephew has it
    on one of his - none of us have had any problems whatsoever.

    It all "just works" and extra content has come down and also worked
    fine.

    Cheers

    Yojimbo
    aka Justin Thompson

    Very proud owner of:
    3 'Hapless AGHL lurker' points
    4 'I corrected Daemon points'
    5 AGHL 'de-cloaking' points
    6 'I summed it up in a sentence' points
    10 AGHL "I sure slapped those fools down points"

    bigbaldkev wrote:
    > Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have no
    > problems with it are you?'
    >
    > So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
    > and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
    > whole thing, even the ending!
    >
    > And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
    >
    > But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
    >
    > Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.

    Same here :-) Was playing HL2 without a hitch on day of release,
    Pre-loaded and paid for through Steam.

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    bigbaldkev wrote:
    > > Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.

    I've stated elsewhere that I had no real probelms with Steam. I've got
    the retail box of HL2 and a one-page instruction leaflet would have
    been useful to explain the installation process.

    I am a bit worried that if I had an "always on" internet connection,
    Steam apparently overrides the "offline mode" setting and connects
    anyway - with the result that you can't play singleplayer if the Steam
    system goes down.

    But as I'm not on an always on connection, I've not had a problem
    playing HL2 through Steam.

    "bigbaldkev" <bigbaldSPAMTRAPkev@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > Lief said 'Well you arent gonna see many posts started by people who have
    > no problems with it are you?'
    >
    > So I thought I would change that. I had absolutely no problems installing
    > and validating HL2. I have finished the game and am very happy with the
    > whole thing, even the ending!
    >
    > And then for some reason my Steam account has been deactivated.
    >
    > But a quick mail to Steam has had it reactivated.
    >
    > Blimey, nothing bad to report. Sorry.
    >
    > Oh hang on, I have thought of something not going well, I have a right old
    > headache and my guts are a bit off but can't really blame Steam for that.

    No problems whatsoever here at all, I click the half life 2 icon, it
    connects to steam and starts the game. No problems installing, setting up,
    unlocking, been able to play it whenever i want without a hitch.

    > --
    > Cheers
    >
    > Kev
    > XBL GT- bigbaldkev